Automotive Solar Control Glass Market Outlook – 2027
The last decade has seen significant improvements in the design and application of automotive solar control glass in vehicles. With increasing rise in global temperature, traveling by vehicle has become uncomfortable due to harmful ultraviolet radiation. Automotive solar control glass has provided solution as it comes with high amount of iron content that absorbs the heat and reduces the overall interior temperature by blocking UV radiation. Also, solar control glass increases the durability of automotive upholstery. Moreover, it enhances the life-span and reduces the working load of air-conditioning. Additionally, government norms of reducing emission have positively impacted the demand for solar control glass.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Type, application, vehicle type, sales channel
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM) and The Middle East and Africa
Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., АGС, Ѕаіnt Gоbаіn, Guаrdіаn Glаѕѕ, АІG, ХІNYІ, РРG, ЅYР Glаѕѕ, AIS glass, Safelite Auto glass.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Automotive industries are finding new ways to support their consumers, even as the COVID-19 crisis poses problems across sectors.
- Automakers are looking to position themselves for recovery and will need to adapt to faster industry cycles and shorter planning horizons.
- Besides, the reduction in sales of vehicle is affecting the demand of automotive solar control glass market.
- However, the market tends to grow with adoption in electric vehicle. Besides, the electric vehicle is anticipated to grow post pandemic.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Major driving factor of the automotive solar control glass market is that it increases the fuel efficiency of vehicle. This has attracted automaker to increase the use of solar control glass in vehicles. Additionally, solar control glass lowers the load on AC, provides superior comfort and protects the passengers from harsh UV rays. Moreover, solar control glass provides uninterrupted reception of radio waves by avoiding any signal blockages. However, increase in raw material prices of automotive solar control glass could hamper the market growth. Further, solar control glass increases the vehicle range of electric vehicles by improving the efficiency of the car.
The automotive solar control glass market trends are as follows:
Increase in integration of polyvinyl butyral lamination in solar control glass
The adoption of has polyvinyl butyral lamination increased significantly in manufacturing of solar glass. Moreover, polyvinyl butyral lamination integrated in absorbing solar control glass offers high impact resistance. Besides, polyvinyl butyral lamination integration possesses high strength, high clearness and toughness. For instance, Saflex company manufacture solar glass with polyvinyl butyral layer which is capable of reducing solar heat gain, reducing transmittance of UV radiation and reducing glare.
Surge in electric vehicle market
Stringent government regulations require automakers to focus more on emission norms. This has given rise to the increasing adoption of electrical vehicles. Reducing weight of vehicles has been a major concern of electric vehicle manufacturers. Moreover, solar control glass has proven to be their solution. According to The Enhanced Protective Glass Automotive Association (EPGAA), electric vehicles fitted with solar control glass could see their range improve by up to 30 percent in summer. Due to this reason, major EV manufacturers are focusing on adoption of solar control glass in their vehicle.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Automotive solar control glass industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Automotive solar control glass market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive solar control glass market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Automotive solar control glass market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Solar Control Glass Market Report Highlights
By Passenger Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Cardok Industries, Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd., Guardian Industries, NSG Group, Weiland Automotive, Fuyao Group, AGC Inc., Pittsburgh Glass Works, Phoenicia Flat Glass Industries, Saint-Gobain