The automotive film is a thin laminate film which is applied to the exterior and interior parts of an automotive vehicle. The automotive films provide added security, privacy, and comfort. The paint protection films also known as window films are the two key types of automotive films. These films are used to enhance the appearance of a vehicle and provide high gloss with high transparency. Automotive solar films are applied to the windows of cars, bus coaches, and trucks. The automotive solar films also protect the interiors of a vehicle from the intensity of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays (UV), which can cause skin discoloration, this is the key attribute for the growth of the product over the past decade. In addition, solar films are made of resins, plastic, and glue. Moreover, an increase in demand for vehicles in the market and an increase in temperature due to global warming may lead to a demand for automotive solar film in the forecasting period. Hence, the benefits which are been offered by automotive films, along with increase in safety concerns among buyers, are estimated to fuel the market growth.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Type and Vehicle
North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa)
Johnson Window Films, 3M, Friendly Frida, Saint-Gobain, Eastman Chemical Company, Atlantic Solar films, Madico Ploytronix Inc. And Purlfrost Ltd., SolarGard and Solar insulation.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The automobile sector was struggling in many countries before the pandemic and due to the lockdown, Supply and Demand have vanished from the market.
- The impact of the coronavirus will affect the sales of automobiles in every country, which will impact the absorption pad market as well.
- The deadly virus has destroyed the supply chain of many markets and it will take some time to revive back.
- The safety and security feature has to be improved after the lockdown, which may benefit the absorption market due to the virus.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The factors that boost the market growth include increase in demand for passenger’s safety and rise in safety standards set by the government, which is anticipated to drive the growth of the market. However, increasingly stringent regulations for automotive films in various countries coupled with a selection of window, installation and application process may restrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, the rise in demand for passenger cars and improvement in the standard of living with increase in privacy & safety concerns among customers are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market.
The automotive solar film market trends are as follows:
Increase in demand for passenger’s safety
It is the key driving factor for the global automotive energy absorption pads market. Automotive energy absorption pads are protecting the passengers from external shocks during the accident times by absorbing it as they are designed to absorb the energy during a vehicle collision. Also, increase in automotive safety standards has led to the development of more advanced automotive energy absorption (EA) pads, which helps boosts the market growth.
Increase in safety standards set by the government
The government of many developed countries is intervening in the safety of the passengers while driving in vehicles. A few manufacturers are also adopting an initiative such as mergers and acquisitions & strategies such as acquiring divisions of other competitors to enhance their product offerings. The companies are seeking to meet government safety standards. Hence, increase in safety standards set by the government of various regions for the protection of the passengers is anticipated to drive the overall demand for the automotive solar film market in the future.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive solar film market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the automotive solar film market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the automotive solar film market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed automotive solar film market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive solar film market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the automotive solar film market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Solar Film Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Madico Inc., A and B Films Pte Ltd, V-KOOL, Eastman Chemical Company, 3M, Saint-Gobain company, Sekisui, Johnson Window Films, Wintech, Hanita Coatings (Acquired by Avery Dennison)