Automotive Telematics comprises of telecommunication and informatics, which includes anything from GPS to navigation systems for automatic roadside assistance and remote diagnostics. Automotive telematics works on various technologies namely GPS, digital radio modules, GPRS/CDMA, human-machine interface and high-performance multimedia processor. Increased safety awareness, technological advancement and the need for safety measures are driving the growth of the automotive telematics market. Also, government regulations regarding accidents and safety of road transportation are supporting the growth of this market. However, high error rates and breakdown in communication are challenges for this market. Since 2007, a double digit growth in Fleet has opened up the opportunities for the market. Vehicle makers are also offering better opportunities for the market, as they continue to develop smart cars that use telematics technology to deliver better results for customers.
Automotive telematics market is segmented on the basis of type, services and vehicle type. Type segment comprises of embedded, tethered & integrated technology. The service segment includes safety & security, information & navigation, entertainment and remote diagnostics. Safety & security segments have the highest market share due to their applications in vehicle and in fleet management. Vehicle type segment includes passenger car, HCV and LCV. Future growth in some countries such as Brazil, Russia, and European Union depends on the government norms and regulations.
Key players in the automotive telematics market are Teletrac Inc., Autotrac, ID systems Inc., Fleetmatics IrL Ltd., Trimble Navigations and Omnitracs LLC, DigiCore, Mix Telematics, Telogis, TomTom Telematics and Masternaut Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the automotive telematics market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities along with impact analysis
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain
The market is segmented on the basis of type, services, vehicle type and geography.
MARKET BY TYPE
MARKET BY SERVICES
- Safety & security
- Information & navigation
- Remote diagnostics
MARKET BY VEHICLE TYPE
- Passenger car
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific