Automotive Trailers are the unpowered vehicles towed by a powered vehicle with the help of a hitch. Trailers are used to transport goods and commodities from one place to another. Also, they are used for recreational purposes by people to carry their luggage, fishing boat, bicycles and as mobile homes with limited living facility. These trailers are majorly used by cargo companies to transfer their goods either nationally or internationally. Moreover, construction companies use automotive trailers at a notable rate to transfer construction materials from factory to the construction site. North America witnesses a high demand for automotive trailers owing to the applications in transport, construction, and manufacturing industry.
High demand for automotive trailers, improvement in living standards of people, and shrinking railway network in North America and Europe are the key driving factors of the world automotive trailer market. The number of in-service railway boxcars in North America fell by 41% in the past decade to reach around 125,000 in 2014 as 101,600 cars were scrapped and only about 13,800 replacements were added in 2015. Also, disposable income of people is increasing at a notable rate in North America and Europe. In the United States, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is $41,071 a year, more than the OECD average of $29,016 a year. Lengthy procurement process and limited production capacity for specialized car trailers are the key factors that restrain the world automotive trailers market. However, development of improved design of trailers and expansion in untapped market of developing countries, such as India, Indonesia, and Brazil are expected to provide opportunities to the market players.
The market is segmented on the basis of trailer type, axle type, vehicle type, and geography. Based on type of trailer, the market is classified into dry van, box trailers, flatbed, trippers, open car, and others. Based on the type of axle, the market is categorized into single axle and tandem axle. Based on vehicle type, the market is divided into two wheelers, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. The market is analyzed based on four regions, namely North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, Russia, UK, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa).
The key players operating in the automotive trailer market include Humbaur GmbH, (Germany), Miller Industries Inc. (U.S.), Wabash National Corporation (U.S.), Kgel Trailer GmbH & Co., (Germany), Bckmann Fahrzeugwerke GmbH, (Germany), Dennison Trailers Ltd (U.K.), Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd (U.K.), Great Dane (U.S.), HYUNDAI Translead (U.S.), Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company (U.S.), Big Tex Trailers (U.S.), Aluma (U.S.), Pace American (U.S.), Dutch Lanka Trailer Manufacturers Ltd. (Sri Lanka), MAXXD Trailers (U.S.), York Transport Equipment (Asia) Pte Ltd. (Singapore), Brian James Trailers Limited (U.K.) and ANG Industries Limited (India).
- The report includes an extensive analysis of the factors that drive and hamper the growth of the world automotive trailer market.
- Market projections along with the factors that affect the market are provided in the report for the period, 20142022, with 2015 as the base year.
- The report provides quantitative as well as qualitative trends to assist stakeholders to understand the prevailing opportunities in the market.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across various geographies.
AUTOMOTIVE TRAILER KEY SEGMENTS
BY TRAILER TYPE
- Dry Van
- Box trailers
- Open Car
BY AXLE TYPE
BY VEHICLE TYPE
- Two Wheelers
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
KEY PLAYERS IN THE VALUE CHAIN
- Humbaur GmbH, (Germany)
- Miller Industries Inc. (U.S.)
- Wabash National Corporation (U.S.)
- Kgel Trailer GmbH & Co., (Germany)
- Bckmann Fahrzeugwerke GmbH, (Germany)
- Dennison Trailers Ltd (U.K.)
- Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd (U.K.)
- Great Dane (U.S.)
- HYUNDAI Translead (U.S.)
- Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company (U.S.)
- Big Tex Trailers (U.S.)
- Aluma (U.S.)
- Pace American (U.S.)
- Dutch Lanka Trailer Manufacturers Ltd. (Sri Lanka)
- MAXXD Trailers (U.S.)
- York Transport Equipment (Asia) Pte Ltd. (Singapore)
- Brian James Trailers Limited (U.K.)
- ANG Industries Limited (India)