Automotive Windows and Exterior Sealing Market Outlook – 2027
The automotive window and exterior sealing systems are one of the crucial safety systems for the vehicle. These sealings are majorly used to protect the interior of the vehicle from rainwater, dirt and noise. The implementation of exterior sealing systems guarantees a comfortable ride for the passengers. The sealing borders helps to avoid the damage caused to the glass frame from the water and wind. Furthermore, the use of window structure protects the interior of the vehicle from dirt and noise pollution. Therefore, the demand for sealing system is projected to increase because people want safety and comfort while travelling and boost the automotive windows and exterior sealing market in the future.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- Majority of sealing systems manufacturers are facing issues such as closure of factories and unavailability of workforce due to the lockdowns, which further affects the production of car as well.
- As the governments all over the world have declared lockdowns over the past few months, the demand and supply cycle of many automotive windows and exterior sealing manufacturers is vulnerable.
- The vendors in sealing systems industry across the globe is being affected severely due to the restrictions on producers as well as the declared lockdowns which in turn affecting the automotive windows and exterior sealing manufacturers worldwide.
- Automotive windows and exterior sealing is an evolving sector which is hampered due to coronavirus, because of which all type of production and installation across the affected countries had been shut down & all operations were disrupted due to the pandemic.
- The pandemic has had a negative impact on the automotive windows and exterior sealing market size for the year 2020 due to unavailability of workforce, a major deviation is noticed in the growth of sealing systems manufacturers due to coronavirus.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The automotive industry is moving toward lightweight sealants, increase in demand for modified elastomers and growing passenger & commercial vehicle market worldwide are driving the growth of the market. However, alternative to sealants such as laser technology and ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) rubber causing environmental issues is expected to hamper the growth of the market. Contrarily, growing trend of using thermoplastic material in automotive industry is opportunistic for the market expansion.
The automotive windows and exterior sealing market trends are as follows:
The automotive industry moving toward lightweight sealants to manufacture low-carbon emitting vehicles
Automotive industry is facing one of the major challenges in improvising the fuel efficiency. In order to overcome it, manufacturers are not only concentrating on engine efficiency, but also the structural design of the vehicle. To meet the specific demand from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), the sealing system producers are setting standards for the material used to make the new sealing systems, which will be designed to be highly reliable, lighter in weight, safe and will keep the production costs lower than current sealants such as Brazilian carnauba wax. Furthermore, severe norms and regulations regarding low-carbon emitting vehicles have compelled manufacturers to take measures for reducing vehicle weight significantly, thereby, boosting the demand for lightweight sealing systems such as mirror glaze. Therefore, growing demand for lightweight and low-carbon emitting vehicles boosts the growth of the automotive windows and exterior sealing market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive windows and exterior sealing industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the automotive windows and exterior sealing market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automotive windows and exterior sealing market growth scenario.
- We can also determine sealing system will remain a significant revenue shareholder in the automotive windows and exterior sealing market through the predictable future.
Questions answered in the automotive windows and exterior sealing market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the automotive windows and exterior sealing market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Windows and Exterior Sealing Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Hutchinson Sealing Systems, Rehau Group, Dura Automotive Systems, PPAP Automotive, Lauren Plastics LLC, Cooper-Standard Automotive Inc., Minth Group Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd, Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd., Magna International Inc., Henniges Automotive Holdings Inc.