Autonomous Aircraft Actuation System Market Outlook – 2027
The global autonomous aircraft actuation system market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing procurement of autonomous UAVs globally. Autonomous aircraft is a fully automated manned or unmanned aircraft that require minimum or no human intervention in its operations. Actuators are used to move flight & altitude control surfaces in an aircraft such as the elevator, ailerons, flaps, and nose wheel, including opening & closing the throttle valve on combustion engines, as well as doors and hatches. Autonomous aircrafts actuators are combined with an electromagnetic clutch for electrical operations in an unmanned system. Moreover, installation of autonomous aircraft actuation system on an aircraft reduces the workload of a pilot.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Autonomous flight system test runs will be delayed due to operational issues caused by travel restrictions imposed by governments around the world as precautionary measures against COVI-19.
Government imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19, have impacted the research & development of autonomous flight system as well as on-going projects of system installation or upgradation.
Autonomous system manufacturers rely heavily on various suppliers of components and raw materials to test & develop autonomous flight system. However, government-imposed restrictions on transport services to control the COVID-19 outbreak have disrupted the supply chain.
The aviation industry is suffering financial losses in maintenance of airlines & airports without any growth in revenue, due to fall in air passenger traffic after travel bans imposed by governments globally to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors, increase in demand for cost-effective aircraft operation, and rise in adoption of artificial intelligence in autonomous systems are the factors that drive the global autonomous aircraft actuation system market. However, government policy & regulation regarding safety concerns of reliance on autonomous aircrafts during emergency events hinder the market growth. On the contrary, increased use of autonomous vehicles due to on-demand availability and rise in aerial platforms for urban mobility present new pathways in the industry.
The global autonomous aircraft actuation system market trends are as follows:
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors
Autonomous aircraft reduces the risks of human error in difficult terrains or situation where humans can’t operate. For instance, in 2020, University of Illinois, US researchers from the USA along with CU Aerospace (US based aerospace technology developer) have developed and tested a plasma actuator, a device that creates an electric spark on an aircraft’s wing, to help control it during take-off and landing. The plasma actuator works in a similar way to vortex generator vanes by generate rotating air across the wing for better lift, but crucially do not incur a cruise penalty from aerodynamic drag like vortex generators. Vortex generator vanes are fin-like appendages which are fitted near the leading edge or just upstream of surfaces that help control aircraft during take-off or landing. Since completing the initial work, the Illinois and CU Aerospace team has continued to work on the actuator technology. More recent developments have included testing to understand what happens when there is an air flow across it. Moreover, the team integrated the actuators into an unmanned flight test aircraft as a further demonstration of the technology. Such surge in autonomy to reduce human errors will drive the global autonomous aircraft actuation system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global autonomous aircraft actuation system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global autonomous aircraft actuation system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global autonomous aircraft actuation system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global autonomous aircraft actuation system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the autonomous aircraft actuation system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the autonomous aircraft actuation system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Autonomous Aircraft Actuation System Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Textron Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, BAE Systems plc, Aeronautics Ltd., Airbus S.A.S, Rockwell Collins, Saab AB, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Elbit Systems Ltd., Boeing