Autonomous Aircraft Cameras Market Outlook – 2027
The global autonomous aircraft cameras market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing procurement of autonomous UAVs globally. Autonomous aircraft is a fully automated manned or unmanned aircraft that require minimum or no human intervention in its operations. Autonomous aircraft camera is used to give high accuracy position information for automatic landing on the runway. In addition, autonomous aircraft cameras are used for surveillance & target tracking systems in military applications. Moreover, installation of autonomous system on an aircraft reduces the workload of a pilot. On the other hand, cargo & utility aircrafts are the first to adopt this autonomous flight technology after continuous & rigorous testing.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Autonomous flight system test runs will be delayed due to operational issues caused by travel restrictions imposed by governments around the world as precautionary measures against COVID-19.
Government imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19 have impacted the research & development of autonomous flight system as well as on-going projects of system installation or upgradation.
Autonomous system manufacturers rely heavily on various suppliers of components and raw materials to test & develop autonomous flight system. However, government-imposed restrictions on transport services to control the COVID-19 outbreak have disrupted the supply chain.
The aviation industry is suffering financial losses in maintenance of airlines & airports without any growth in revenue, due to fall in air passenger traffic after travel bans imposed by governments globally to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors, increase in demand for cost-effective aircraft operation, and rise in adoption of artificial intelligence in autonomous systems are the factors that drive the global autonomous aircraft cameras market. However, government policy & regulation regarding safety concerns of reliance on autonomous aircrafts during emergency events hinder the market growth. On the contrary, increased use of autonomous vehicles due to on-demand availability and rise in aerial platforms for urban mobility present new pathways in the industry.
The global autonomous aircraft cameras market trends are as follows:
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors
Autonomous aircraft reduces the risks of human error in difficult terrains or situation where humans can’t operate. Recently, in 2020, a team of researchers from Madrid Polytechnic University (Technical University of Madrid, Spain), MIT (private research university Massachusetts, US), and Texas A&M University (public research university in Texas, US) produced real-world results in active collision monitoring and avoidance by building an integrated system of a simple camera and data processing setup well suited for smaller drones. The research team for the purpose of building a collision avoidance system, the depth map research team used AirSim (Microsoft flight simulation software) to model complex environments, simulate drones in flight for training, and precisely control image capture for collecting training and modeling content to be consumed by their machine learning application. Such surge in autonomy to reduce human errors will drive the global autonomous aircraft cameras market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global autonomous aircraft cameras industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global autonomous aircraft cameras market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global autonomous aircraft cameras market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global autonomous aircraft cameras market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the autonomous aircraft cameras market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the autonomous aircraft cameras market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Autonomous Aircraft Cameras Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Boeing, Aeronautics Ltd., Saab AB, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Textron Inc., Rockwell Collins, Elbit Systems Ltd., Airbus S.A.S, BAE Systems plc