Autonomous Aircraft Propulsion Systems Market Outlook – 2027
The global autonomous aircraft propulsion systems market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing procurement of autonomous UAVs globally. Autonomous aircraft is a fully automated manned or unmanned aircraft that require minimum or no human intervention in its operations. Autonomous aircraft propulsion system provides autonomous engine monitoring, diagnosing, and controller adaptation functions, resulting in an integrated suite of algorithms that maintain the propulsion system's performance and safety throughout its life as well as reduce pilot workload under both normal and anomalous conditions. However, installation of such system could raise safety concerns due to involved risk of system failure under unanticipated events such as sensor failures, bird ingestion, or component faults.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Autonomous flight system test runs will be delayed due to operational issues caused by travel restrictions imposed by governments around the world as precautionary measures against COVID-19.
Government imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19 have impacted the research & development of autonomous flight system as well as on-going projects of system installation or upgradation.
Autonomous system manufacturers rely heavily on various suppliers of components and raw materials to test & develop autonomous flight system. However, government-imposed restrictions on transport services to control the COVID-19 outbreak have disrupted the supply chain.
Aviation industry is suffering financial losses in maintenance of airlines & airports without any growth in revenue, due to fall in air passenger traffic after travel bans imposed by governments globally to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors, increase in demand for cost-effective aircraft operation, and rise in adoption of artificial intelligence in autonomous systems are the factors that drive the global autonomous aircraft propulsion system market. However, government policy & regulation regarding safety concerns of reliance on autonomous aircrafts during emergency events hinder the market growth. On the contrary, increased use of autonomous vehicles due to on-demand availability and rise in aerial platforms for urban mobility present new pathways in the industry.
The global autonomous aircraft propulsion system market trends are as follows:
Demand for cost-effective aircraft operation
Autonomous aircraft reduces the risks of human error in difficult terrains or situation where humans can’t operate. For instance, in 2020, Airflow, a startup based in California, US launched by five former members of Airbus’s Vahana electric-powered vertical take-off & landing (eVTOL) aircraft development team, announced plans to build an electric-powered short takeoff and landing aircraft (eSTOL) to be used for cargo operations. Airflow's eSTOL is intended for single-pilot operations and will be able to carry a payload of 500 pounds in a 90-cu-ft cabin. Moreover, Airflow claims that it will be operated at around one-third of the average hourly cost of a comparable helicopter or one of the new eVTOL aircraft now under development. Further, the system will be integrated with autonomous flight systems for autonomous electric propulsion control system. Such demand for cost-effective aircraft operation will drive the global autonomous aircraft market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global autonomous aircraft propulsion systems industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global autonomous aircraft propulsion systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global autonomous aircraft propulsion systems market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global autonomous aircraft propulsion systems market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the autonomous aircraft propulsion systems market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the autonomous aircraft propulsion systems market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Autonomous Aircraft Propulsion Systems Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Aeronautics Ltd., Boeing, BAE Systems plc, Textron Inc., Airbus S.A.S, Saab AB, Rockwell Collins, Elbit Systems Ltd.