Autonomous Aircraft Radars & Transponders Market Outlook – 2027
The global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing procurement of autonomous UAVs globally. Autonomous aircraft is a fully automated manned or unmanned aircraft that require minimum or no human intervention in its operations. Autonomous aircrafts radars & transponders are equipped with technology to provide situational awareness, cooperative surveillance, extended squitter message, and autonomous navigation, among others. However, installation of such system on a passenger aircraft could raise safety concerns due to involved risk of system failure. On the other hand, cargo & utility aircrafts are the first to adopt this autonomous flight technology after continuous & rigorous testing.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Autonomous flight system test runs will be delayed due to operational issues caused by travel restrictions imposed by governments around the world as precautionary measures against COVID-19.
Government imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19 has impacted the research & development of autonomous flight system as well as on-going projects of system installation or upgradation.
Autonomous system manufacturers rely heavily on various suppliers of components and raw materials to test & develop autonomous flight system. However, government-imposed restrictions on transport services to control the COVID-19 outbreak have disrupted the supply chain.
Aviation industry is suffering financial losses in maintenance of airlines & airports without any growth in revenue, due to fall in air passenger traffic after travel bans imposed by governments globally to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors, increase in demand for cost-effective aircraft operation, and rise in adoption of artificial intelligence in autonomous systems are the factors that drive the global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market. However, government policy & regulation regarding safety concerns of reliance on autonomous aircrafts during emergency events hinder the market growth. On the contrary, increased use of autonomous vehicles due to on-demand availability and rise in aerial platforms for urban mobility present new pathways in the industry.
The global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market trends are as follows:
Surge in autonomy to reduce human errors
Autonomous aircraft reduces the risks of human error in difficult terrains or situation where humans can’t operate. For instance, in 2020, Vigilant Aerospace Systems (flight safety system manufacturer headquartered in North Dakota, US) has signed a new patent license agreement with the National Aeronautics and Space Agency (NASA) covering the use of radar in detect-and-avoid and unmanned traffic management (UTM) systems. The original NASA patent licensed by the company (Patent No. 9,405,005) covered innovations related to detect-and-avoid for unmanned aircraft including inventions around user interface design for collision avoidance systems for unmanned aircraft and integration of transponders into unmanned aircraft, among several other innovations. Further, radar allows detect-and-avoid and airspace management systems to see both aircraft with transponders that is cooperative traffic as well as aircraft without transponders that is non-cooperative traffic. Such surge in autonomy to reduce human errors will drive the global autonomous aircraft market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the autonomous aircraft radars & transponders market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Autonomous Aircraft Radars & Transponders Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Boeing, Saab AB, BAE Systems plc, Aeronautics Ltd., Rockwell Collins, Textron Inc, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Airbus S.A.S, Elbit Systems Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation