Autonomous Delivery Robots Market Statistics: 2030
Autonomous delivery robots are defined as battery operated vehicles which are used to deliver items or packages to customers without the involvement of a delivery person. The autonomous delivery robots are made with the help of sensors and the navigation technology that enables them to travel on roads and sidewalks without drivers or on-site delivery staff. An autonomous delivery robot can be categorized into two type’s fully autonomous and semi-autonomous robots. Sidewalk delivery robots are small sized robots that only use sidewalks or pedestrian paths for moving. These robots are programmed and designed to deliver various types of packages from one place to another. The packages which can be delivered includes couriers, food items, shipments, and other useful items. Autonomous delivery robots have transformed delivery systems. They provide the benefit such as they are a highly efficient and inexpensive way for delivery. Autonomous delivery robots are the most commonly used in retail, hospitality, healthcare, logistics, and other industries.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has now become a global concern and has also influenced the growth of autonomous delivery robots market. Global sales of autonomous delivery robots for major vertical industries such as healthcare, food & beverages, and retail industry has increased in the pandemic situation.
- The social distancing rules imposed by the government in different countries has propelled the growth as delivery robots do not require human involvement. During this period, the autonomous delivery robots have been implemented by the food and retail industries have helped customers get deliveries from restaurants and malls quickly.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The rise in demand for autonomous delivery robots owing to the increased efficiency and affordability, and regulations to control the global warming and prevent the environment are the factors responsible for the growth of the autonomous delivery robots market. In addition, automated delivery robots could be transformational for the industry, which would help reduce delivery costs and driving the market growth. However, increase in the maintenance costs and procurement costs of the robots and lack of well-skilled engineers for repairing the robots are hampering the growth of the market. Furthermore, the growth of the e-commerce segment and high consumer expectations regarding faster and contactless deliveries have created lucrative opportunities for the growth of the autonomous delivery robots market.
The market trends for autonomous delivery robots market are as follows:
Acceptance of robots by retail and logistics segment
Retail and logistics are the largest users for autonomous delivery robots worldwide. The rise in presence of e-commerce players and Omni channel merchants worldwide are the main factors driving the need for autonomous delivery robots particularly for last-mile delivery. Autonomous delivery robots can serve more customers at greater economic costs and traveling more distances in a much more secure manner.
North America is expected to lead the market during the forecast period
North America is one of the main markets for autonomous delivery robots. Many of the major market suppliers are based out in this region. This region has the large number of startups and manufacturers who are consistently working toward the expansion of autonomous delivery robotic technology. Furthermore, the penetration of autonomous delivery robots across multiple users in the region is comparatively higher than other parts of the world resulting in the growth of the market in the North America region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the autonomous delivery robots market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the autonomous delivery robots market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed autonomous delivery robots market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the autonomous delivery robots market.
Questions answered in the autonomous delivery robots market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in autonomous delivery robots market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on autonomous delivery robots market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years??
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the autonomous delivery robots market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Autonomous Delivery Robots Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Postmates, Udelv, Dispatch, Domino's, Starship Technologies, Nootrobox, Nuro, Lemonade Robotics, Amazon, Indy Autonomous Delivery