Automated rail rapid transit is an environment-friendly, rail-less, and driver-less vehicle that is projected to reduce traffic congestion in highly populated cities. It is a type of high-capacity public transport, generally found in urban areas. Unlike buses or trams, rapid transit systems are electric railways that operate on an exclusive right-of-way. Modern service on rapid transit systems is provided on designed lines between stations using electric multiple units. They are typically integrated with other public transport and often operated by same public transport authorities. Therefore, heavy rail or metros lead to the growth of the autonomous rail rapid transit market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The decline in the market is primarily due to the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, impacting the growth of the autonomous rail rapid transit market.
- Increase in population results in increased demand for autonomous rail rapid transit. However, due to COVID-19, there is no traffic and no demand for vehicles, which hamper the autonomous rail rapid transit market growth.
- COVID-19 pandemic has restricted travel and use of vehicles. They are expected to restart only when the situation becomes stable.
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) have also halted production, which has further decreased the demand for autonomous rail rapid transit.
- Technological restrictions, maintenance issues, and high prices are expected to hamper the steady growth of the autonomous rail rapid transit market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The significant factors that lead to the growth of the autonomous rail rapid transit market are fast-moving driverless vehicle and environment-friendly passenger trains. However, poor infrastructure and huge traffic cognition hamper the growth of the automotive autonomous rail rapid transit market. Furthermore, infrastructure development and technological innovation are expected to fuel the growth of the autonomous rail rapid transit market.
Fast-moving driverless vehicle
Autonomous rail transits are trains with automated systems. Automated system helps to enhance the running time of trains and escalate the average speed of the system. Therefore, this leads to the growth of the autonomous rapid rail transit market in the coming years.
Environment-friendly passenger trains
Automated rail transit is an environment-friendly, rail-less, and driver-less vehicle. It is an autonomous train that is powered by lithium-titan batteries combined with hydrogen. In addition, it does not emit any harmful gases. Therefore, this feature is expected to lead to the growth of the rapid rail transit market in the near future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with derailed analysis of the autonomous rail rapid transit market share.
- The current market is analyzed to highlight the autonomous rail rapid transit market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a derailed autonomous rail rapid transit market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the autonomous rail rapid transit market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit Market Report Highlights
By Operation Area
Key Market Players
Hitachi, Ltd., CRRC Zhuzhou Institute Co Ltd, IBM, Indra Sistemas, S.A., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Cisco Systems, Inc, Alstom, BOMBARDIER INC.