AWS Managed Services Market Insight
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an integrated platform with wide range of various cloud computing products and services. The highly profitable Amazon division offers services such as remote computing, email, mobile development, servers, storage, networking, and security. AWS is categorized into three main products: Amazon’s virtual machine service, EC2, Glacier, a low-cost cloud storage service, and S3, Amazon’s storage system. AWS popularity and adoption is so large in the computing world that it's far overtaken by its competitors. AWS possesses 76 availability zones in which its servers are located. These serviced regions are divided so as to enable users to set geographical limits on their services, but also to provide security by expanding the physical locations in which data is held. Overall, AWS covers 245 countries and territories.
Impact of COVID-19 on AWS Managed Services Market:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) has announced that it is making available a data lake for COVID-19 analysis. The data lake includes metrics like case tracking data from Johns Hopkins and the New York Times, hospital bed availability from Definitive Healthcare and over 45,000 COVID-19 research articles. Researchers can also conduct analyses of the data in the cloud, saving the time that would be spent downloading the data.
- AWS has also connected Amazon Athena for queries and Amazon Quick Sight for visualization.
- Virtual private networks (VPN) and remote desktop solutions, which extend the functionality and security of in-office network and software resources to at-home users, are helping organizations stay productive while offices remain closed.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in importance of AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) status and increasing the number of AWS customers are primary growth factors that are expected to boost the market during the forecast period. However, low adoption of technology is hampering the adoption rate of this market. Contrarily, high demand of adoption of AWS cloud and rise in businesses digitization are the opportunistic factors of the global AWS market.
Increasing number of AWS customers
By using AWS, customers can utilize IT in new ways—not just by using smart IT to save costs, but to provide new services, improve understanding of their customers, increase productivity, and makes go to market products faster. In other words, AWS help companies build solutions that have a direct impact on their revenue and customer base. AWS enables customers to access data, release mobility, and maintain their data secure and accessible around the world. By applying AWS, customers can gain free valuable resources that are used to manage sophisticated and expensive datacenters and reusing them to focus on other highly strategic areas of the business.
Cloud infrastructure as a service critical capabilities report evaluated cloud providers across four use cases: Cloud-Native Applications, Application Development, Batch Computing, and General Business Applications. AWS met more of the criteria than all other cloud service providers assessed in the study.
AWS has been a leader in cloud services since 2006. We believe that cloud computing is transforming byhelping customers achieve business results by providing innovative services, a bright ecosystem, and competitive prices. AWS continues to expand and scale, allowing its users to provide new services that help more than 1 million customers around the world. In 2017, AWS said to have 5 times greater cloud capacity than the other 12 leading cloud providers combined.
Low adoption of technology
AWS establishes default limits on resources that vary from region to region. These resources consist of images, volumes, and snapshots. AWS also offers limited information for the resources managed by Amazon EC2and Amazon VPC console. However, you can request to increase the limit. For example, consider Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) which can send 1 email per second, there is no point in asking for an increase at this time. Technology is developing every single day, and it will surely be possible to send 100 emails per second using Amazon SES at some point in the future. We can also consider EC-2 classic which will produce maximum of 500 per instance and each security group can have maximum of 100 permissions. AWS also have general cloud computing issues when you move to a cloud such as a limited control, downtime, and backup protection. However, these defects can be overcome after some time. This makes them the temporary issue.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global AWS managed services industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global AWS managed services market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global AWS managed services market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
AWS Managed Services Market Report Highlights
By Service Model
By Deployment Model
By Organization Size
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
SAP SE, Adobe, Amazon Web Services, Inc., Salesforce, Inc, Microsoft Corporation, Google LLC, Oracle Corporation, Workday, Inc., IBM Corporation, Alibaba Cloud