Baby cribs are also known as cradles and are a form of infant bed specifically designed for infants and younger children. They are usually manufactured as a cage-like design to restrict chances of injury to infants and act as a safety feature. Baby cribs have been used since historical times and are made up of materials such as iron, metal, and wood. In addition, with advancements and innovations, newvariants of raw material have been introduced in the manufacturing of these cribs. Use of baby cribs is more common in western countries as per traditional beliefs and practices. Standard size and features of baby cribs are regulated by government bodies such as the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to ensure safety of the product use and prevent conditions such as falls, strangulation, suffocation, and entrapment. Baby cribs are manufactured according to requirement for residential or hospital use. Stationary baby cribs are widely used infant beds. However, with advancements, portable baby cribs, folding infant beds, convertible cribs, and multifunctional cribs are being used often in present..
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted sales of the baby cribs market as the requirement for portable baby cribs has reduced, owing to least mobility scenario caused by implementation of social distancing and lockdown.
- Reduction in sales and revenue of the baby crib market has been induced,owingto shutdown of specialty stores in various countries.
- Sales and revenue through e-commerce platform have also declined, owing to delayed deliveries and consumer concern toward spread of the coronavirus through surface contact.
- Baby crib companies had to initially shut down their manufacturing units and have faced a shortage of manpower, owing to the lockdown scenario, which, in turn, led to shortage of production.
- Export and import ban in several countries has also led to difficulties in global supply chain forthe baby cribs market.
Top Impacting Factors:Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers,and Impact Analysis
Baby cribsare considered as an essential baby accessory in western countries for safety and comfort of infants and toddlers. The baby crib market has been evolving gradually and launching different crib and cot designs with technological incorporations. Rise in awareness about new technological products, increase inrequirement of baby cribs, growth inbirth rate, investments in automation and technology, ease and accessibility of portable cribs while managing daily activities, enhanced safety features, improved functionality and convenience, ease of travel with foldable cribs and cots, multifunctional cribs, extended product life, twin baby cribs, enhanced quality of raw material, adjustable mattress support, use of baby cribs in hospitals and maternity homes boost the market growth. In addition, enhancements in design of baby cribs, availability of variants in color and floral designs, launch of smart cribs, effective protection to infants, occupation of less space, ease of fixing convertible cribs, increased product life span, lightweight cribs, increase in disposable income, and e-commerce platforms drive growth of the global baby cribs market. However, growth incompetition, complex and advanced design of baby cribs, safety features of smart cribs, availability of alternative products, high cost of raw materials, and expensive baby cribs hinder the market growth.
The global baby cribsmarket trends are as follows:
Advancements in the baby crib market
Baby crib designs have evolved extensively in recent times, owing to reliability onleading technology. Key manufacturers are focusedon launching baby cribs in unique designs and colors with enhanced safety features and multi-functionality.Convertible cribs present use of cribs as infant beds, toddler beds, daybeds, twin-size beds, full-size beds, adjustable mattress heights, and extra storage space, which has extended the product life span. The inclination of key players and customers has increased towards sustainability, non-toxicity, and quality of raw material.
Happiest Baby, a leading manufacturer of smart cribs has launched SNOO smart sleeper with advanced features such as automatic detection of crying, daily sleep report by enabling connectivity through a smartphone, natural sleep training, secure swaddling, the automatic rocking of cribs, and incorporation of soothing rhymes within the smart crib.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global baby cribsindustry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global baby cribsmarketshare.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global baby cribsmarketgrowth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global baby cribsmarketanalysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Baby CribsMarketResearch Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the baby cribs market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the baby cribs market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps??
Baby Cribs Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Arm’s Reach Concepts Inc., Mattel, Cosatto, My Babiie, Dream On Me Inc, Million Dollar Baby Co., DaVinci Baby, Stork Craft Manufacturing, C & T International Inc., East Coast Nursery, Mamas & Papas, Stokke, Artsana, Silver Cross Nurseries Ltd., Delta Enterprise Corp, Natart Juvenile Inc., Happiest Baby, Bugaboo International, Mothercare, Goodbaby International,Graco Inc., Newell Brands