Backend-as-a-service (BaaS) is the cloud computing service model, which helps the middleware that offers developers to connect with their web and mobile applications to cloud services via software development kit and application programming interface. BaaS also offers some common features such as push notifications, user management, social networking integration for example Facebook and Twitter, and other features for which mobile users demand their apps. The advantage of using backend-as-a-service model is that it reduces the application backend framework development time to minutes rather than a long-time span.
Increase of specialized clouds sets, growth in cloud-based BaaS, smartphone boom increases need for application, and growth in number of application drive the market growth. Lack of security and huge cost of investment are the restraint the market. Growth in mobile applications and the increase in the developers of mobile games make way for development opportunities. The report segments the backend-as-a-service market on the basis of service type, operating system, organization size, industry verticals, and geography. According to the service type, the market is classified into professional services, support and maintenance, access and identity management, and usage analytics. On the basis of operating system, it is categorized into iOS, android, and others. Based on the organization size, it is divided into small and medium enterprises and large enterprises. On the basis of industry verticals, it is segmented banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), healthcare, retail, manufacturing, IT and telecom, media and entertainment, public sector, and others. Geographically, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Appcelerator, Inc., Kony, Inc., IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Parse, Inc, Structum, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Apigee Corporation, Pivotal Software, Inc., and Apigee Corporation are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global backend-as-a-service market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2016-2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2016 to 2023 in terms of value and opportunities.
- Level of competition within the industry and the business strategy development are analyzed using the Porters Five Forces model.
Backend-as-a-service Market Key Segments:
By Service Type
- Professional Services
- Support and Maintenance
- Access and Identity Management
- Usage Analytics
By Operating System
By Organization Size
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
By Industry verticals
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- IT and Telecom
- Media and Entertainment
- Public Sector
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East