A bag filter is a technological device that enables the commercial industries to keep a check on air pollution by separating the gas-solid mixture through the filtration process and trapping the air pollutants. It can filter large volumes of high viscosity liquids and gases. The separation of the particles usually occur on the internal surface of the filter but can also occur on the external surface depending upon the industrial application. Moreover, bag filters are sediment filters consisting of small permeable pores having pore size 1-200 micron and works on the principle of microfiltration. The emergence of bag filters have addressed the air pollution issues faced by industrial organizations. They keep the quality of air within compliance levels set by regulatory bodies. Bag filters can deal with larger air volumes of dust and have high efficiency for dust removal. In addition properties like equipment resistance and long service life further contributes to the technical performance of these filters. Nowadays bag filters are preferred over electrostatic precipitators due to high efficiency and cost effectiveness.
The increase in number of coal fired plants, high demand from different end user industries and rising awareness regarding airborne infections are major drivers of the bag filter market. Bag filters are used in commercial industries as an equipment that could control emission of particulates to comply with government regulation. Asia-Pacific will register the fastest growth in this market due to urbanization activities. In Asia-Pacific region, China is a big potential market for bag filters as it has heavy industrial base coupled with environmental problems related to air pollution and global warming. Bag filters cannot be used with gases which have high moisture content and require dry compressed air for their working. Urbanization and industrialization activities in Asia-Pacific region gives scope for further growth of the market.
The report segments the bag filter market on the basis of material, type, media, application and geography. On the basis of material, the market is segmented into nylon, polypropylene, polyester and porous PTFE film. In terms of type, the market is segmented into pulse jet, reverse air and shaker. On the basis of media, the market is divided into woven, pleated and nonwoven bag filters. According to end-users the market is segmented into chemicals industry, petrochemicals industry, and food processing industry, mineral industry and cement industry and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
The leading players of the market are involved in technology partnerships with an aim to provide cost effective products for further growth of the market. In 2015, Donaldson Company, Inc. acquired IFIL U.S.A, LLC, a key pleated bag filters manufacturer for expanding its industrial air filter business. Tribuguard, Duramax, Torit, Ultra Filter are some of the Donaldson filtration technology brands available in the market. Due to technological advancement and high performance, pulse jet bag filters accounts for the highest share in the bag filter market. Eaton Corporation acquired Internormen Technology Group, leader in hydraulic instrumentation and filtration to expand its filtration product portfolio with advanced technology products in 2011.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Donaldson Company, Inc. (U.S.), Pall Corporation (U.S.), Thermax Ltd. (India), Mitsubishi Hitachi Power System, Ltd. (Japan), BWF Envirotec (Germany), Eaton Corporation Plc (Ireland), Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc. (U.S.), Rosedale Products Inc. (U.S.), Shanghai Filterbag Factory Co., Ltd. (China) and GE Appliances (U.S.) is also provided in the report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Geographically, the world bag filter market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world bag filter market is provided. For instance, a large customer base and stringent regulatory requirements will drive the global bag filter market.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within bag filter market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Leading market players within the bag filters market are profiled in this report and their key developments in recent years are listed down.
BAG FILTER MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Porous PTFE film
- Pulse jet
- Reverse air
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Food Processing
- Others (Pulp & Paper, Municipal Waste, Textile)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- South Africa