Baggage Scanner Market Outlook - 2027
Baggage scanners are used to display items contained in a baggage on a computer screen. It consists of display and a conveyor belt and these scanners use x-ray technology to scan baggage. Different colors on screen are shown by the baggage scanner to identify whether any dangerous object is present in it or not. An alarm is raised in case if any dangerous object is present. Thus, they find their applications in security for end users such as railway stations, border checkpoints, airports, educational institutes, public sectors, and commercial facilities. The global baggage scanner market is experiencing a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- The global baggage scanner market size has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which used to demand for alarm security systems.
- Global factories have struggled to manufacture and integrate new scanners as workers are staying in their homes, which have threatened the global supply chains.
- The baggage scanner market is expected to be less impacted than other markets for non-essential goods and services as there are stringent regulations and policies in various organizations that mandates implementation of baggage scanners in several activities and processes, which provides growth opportunities for the baggage scanner market.
- This COVID-19 crisis is expected to provide opportunities for companies to invest, implement, and research in technologies, which involve less human touch and improve baggage scanning process.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Increase in illegal and terrorist activities across the globe and growth in awareness regarding security at public places boost the market growth. However, its higher installation cost hinders the market growth. Moreover, development and upgradation of railway stations and airports, increase in implementation government policies and regulations regarding public safety at railway stations, airports, check points, and borders are expected provide lucrative opportunities for the baggage scanner market growth.
New product launches to flourish the market:
TableTop 5033 X-ray Scanner, a new member in the baggage scanner security x-ray machine product line was launched by Krystalvision, in 2017. It has incorporated innovative technology advancements and delivers superior performance as well. It can be carried from one location to another for baggage screening, owing to its small size and ease in installation process. It can scan thousands of bags in a day and can provide hundreds of hours of continuous operation. It is designed in such a way that it enhances screening capabilities in remote locations that need to be secured quickly and provides ease in installation. Hence, it provides efficient and robust performance, which boosts the baggage scanner market growth.
Surge in use at airports
Manufacturers have been focusing on production of new products for specific applications as there are varying demands based on utilization. Rise in number of terminal expansions, upgradation of airports, and growth in air passenger traffic are some factors that propel the use of baggage scanners at airports. In addition, the requirement of enhanced security, owing to increase in terror threats and cross border insurgencies has increased its the demand as well. Thus, the aforementioned factors boot the market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global baggage scanner industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global baggage scanner market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global baggage scanner market trends.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Baggage Scanner Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the global baggage scanner market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the global baggage scanner market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global baggage scanner market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Baggage Scanner Market Report Highlights
By Sorting System
By End User
Key Market Players
L-3 Communications Security & Detection Systems, 3D X-ray Ltd,, Crisplant, Siemens, Astrophysics Inc, Daifuku-Webb Logan, G&S Airport Conveyor, Glidepath, Vanderlande, OSI Systems Inc