Balanced salt solution (BSS) is a solution used in cell culture. It is a combination of salts and consists of various salts such as potassium, sodium, calcium, chloride, and magnesium. The solution is made to a physiological pH and isotonic cell concentration to sustain cells in culture. The BSS is utilized as a cell rinsing agent for cells in culture and enables researchers to manipulate cells out of their normal growth environment. BSS are widely used for the development of therapeutic vaccines, proteins, and in screening and development of therapeutic medications.
Growth in demand for monoclonal antibodies and increase regulatory approvals for various vaccine products through cell culture is expected drive the balanced salt solutions market. In addition, increased funding for development cell culture-based vaccines from government is expected to fuel the demand for balanced salt solutions. However, challenges related to high research cost in cell developmental cell biology and lack of appropriate research infrastructure is expected to hinder the market.
The global balanced salt solutions market is segmented based on product type, application, end user, and geography. Based on product type, the market is classified into Hanks balanced salt solution, Gey's balanced salt solution, Earle's balanced salt solution, Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline, and others. Based on application, the market is categorized into biopharmaceuticalstherapeutics, stem cell technology, drug screening & development, genetic engineering, cancer research, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Lonza Group Ltd, Dickinson & Co., EMD Millipore, Becton, Corning Life Sciences B.V., Wheaton Industries Inc., PromoCell GmbH, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., and Biological Industry are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product type positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Balanced Salt Solutions Market Key Segments:
By Product type
- Hanks' Balanced Salt Solution
- Gey's Balanced Salt Solution
- Earle's Balanced Salt Solution
- Dulbecco's Phosphate Buffered Saline
- Stem Cell Technology
- Drug Screening & Development
- Genetic Engineering
- Cancer Research
- Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA