The foundation of the railway track below the sleepers is termed as railway ballast. Railway ballast provides stability to the track, holds the sleepers in position while a train passes, and allows maintenance of track without affecting the railroad bed. Moreover, it enables quick water drainage and discourages the growth of vegetation near the track. A ballast regulator is a machine, or equipment used to redistribute and handle the blast according to the required standards when required. The machine keeps the track neat by sweeping the blast and depositing it in the sleeper cribs or to the left or right side of the track. Moreover, ballast regulators are equipped with shoulder plough to adjust any shoulder angles horizontally or vertically which enables the flow of ballast in any required direction. Furthermore, the ballast regulators are unidirectional or bidirectional machines since, they can move only on the tracks. In addition, horns, brakes, and plough locks of the machines are all operated pneumatically. Thus, ballast regulator improves the safety and enables the smooth operation of the trains.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The government across all countries declared lockdown and various other restrictions due to COVID-19. The imposed lockdown on rail industry had disrupted the work of building & inspecting railroads and the demand for transportation via railway had also fallen. Moreover, social distancing norms and other restrictions, led to the unavailability of labor for working at the rail tracks which further delayed the process. Furthermore, the manufacturing of ballast regulators was also halted since there was no demand for these machines during this period. Railway is an evolving sector, but the pandemic impacted badly the ballast regulator market.
Top Impacting Factors
Passenger & goods transportation via railway, demand for safe & secure transport systems, and rail infrastructure in emerging economies are expected to drive the growth of the market.
However, the rise in implementation of ballast-less or non-ballasted tracks in metro networks, use of concrete beds for track building, and high cost for implementation of ballasted tracks hamper the growth of the market.
Moreover, increase in government investment for railway development, railway accidents, and minimum maintenance cost of ballast regulators can impact for growth of the product market.
Government investment for railway development
- Railway has proven to be the safest and secure mode of transportation. Thus, various developing countries such as India, China, Japan, and others have increased their investment toward the development of their railways.
- For instance, the Indian government has allotted $14.8 billion in 2021 for the improvement of railway infrastructure in the country. Similarly, various countries across the globe are also continuously increasing their rail budget to deploy the latest technologies and improve the safety of the passengers.
- Moreover, in the U.S. Biden-Harris administration intends to invest $905.25 million in highway and rail projects of 18 states by 2021. Thus, the rise in investment for the development of railway acts as an opportunity to boost the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ballast regulator market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with the challenges of the ballast regulator market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ballast regulator market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed ballast regulator market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the ballast regulator market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the ballast regulator market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ballast Regulator Market Report Highlights
By Wing Type
By Gauge Type
Key Market Players
La Falco Srl, VolkerRail, Tasty Plant Ltd., CRCC High-Tech Equipment Corporation Ltd., Nordco Inc, Aurora Engineering S.r.o, Harsco Rail, COLMAR Technik S.p.a., SOLYTEK, Knox Kershaw Inc