Barge Transportation Market Outlook 2027 -
Barge is a flat surface vessel that transports cargo through waterways only. Usage of inland waterways within the transportation of chemical, agricultural, and farm products propels the expansion of the market. The import-export of crude oil and petrochemical is extensively dependent upon marine transportation. Increase in demand for oil & petroleum products strengthens trade and boosts the growth of the barge transportation market. Moreover, barge is a popular means for transportation adopted by large industries to transport their cargo and is expected to grow significantly in the future.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Product, Barge Fleet, and Application
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM), and the Middle East and Africa
ABC India Ltd., American Commercial Barge Liner (ACBL), Alter Logistics, Continental Corporation, American Commercial Lines LLC, Argosy International Inc., ATS Inc., Blessey Marine Services, Inc, Bouchard Transportation Co. Inc., Campbell Transportation Company Inc.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The rapid spread of coronavirus had a major impact on the global shipping market, which included transportation by water.
- Exports and imports have completely been shut for months now, which led to many serious loses for most of the companies.
- During the pandemic, water transportation is utilized only for transporting necessities and medical aid such as medicine and PPE kits.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Growth in demand for cost-effective transportation and increase in trade of metal ores across the globe are expected to boost the market growth. However, high operating costs associated with barge transportation restrain the growth of the market. Further, increase in government support for the development of regional waterways infrastructure strengthens the industry growth and provides lucrative opportunities for the market.
The barge transportation market trends are as follows:
Growth in demand for cost-effective transportation:
Barge transportation holds a majority of the market due to its cost-effective nature and increased demand. Several advantages, such as protection of goods from extreme & uncertain weather conditions, fuel the growth of the global barge transportation market. It is primarily used to move dry cargo, such as agricultural products, on account of its high cost-effectiveness. Transport by sea allows to ship large volumes with lesser cost than other means of transportation.
Increase in trade of metal ores across the globe:
Metal ore is estimated to capture a significant industry share during the forecast period due to rise in local and international trade of metal ores globally. Brazil is one of the largest suppliers of metal ore in the world, and is responsible for substantial exports. For every developing country, the amount of export and import increases at a very high scale. In addition, increase in sales of automobiles and rise in construction activities boost the demand for metal ores. Therefore, this is projected to fuel the growth of the barge transportation market.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the barge transportation market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the barge transportation market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the barge transportation market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the barge transportation market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the barge transportation market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Barge Transportation Market Report Highlights
By Barge Fleet
Key Market Players
Alter Logistics Continental Corporation, Blessey Marine Services, Inc, ATS Inc., Bouchard Transportation Co. Inc., American Commercial Lines LLC, Campbell Transportation Company Inc., American Commercial Barge Liner (ACBL), ABC India Ltd., Argosy International Inc.