Bariatric surgeries are used for weight loss by decreasing the distending capacity of stomach to accommodate food with the process of gastric restriction and malabsorption. These surgeries are performed by use of minimally invasive techniques. There are various types of bariatric surgeriesgastric bypass, gastric sleeve surgery, also called sleeve gastrectomy, and laparoscopic adjustable gastric band. Surgeons also use a fourth operation, biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch, sometimes. In current scenario, number of bariatric surgeries have increased from 158,000 in 2011 to 196,000 in 2015. This increase in number of bariatric surgeries clearly show the growth in demand for bariatric surgery procedures worldwide, which thereby fuels the market growth.
Increased prevalence of sedentary lifestyle & obesity, availability of surgeons specialized in bariatric surgical techniques, and its minimally invasive nature, which helps the patients adopt the surgeries without apprehension fuels the market growth. However, the high cost and risk of postsurgical complications such as internal hernia, blood clot, and dumping syndrome hamper the growth. Furthermore, increase in adoption of these surgeries in the emerging markets offer lucrative opportunities for market growth.
The global bariatric surgery market is segmented on the basis of device, procedure, and geography. Based on device, it is classified into stapling devices, gastric bands, and gastric balloons. Based on procedure, it is categorized into gastric bypass surgery, sleeve gastrectomy surgery, gastric banding surgery, and others.
By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players operating in the global bariatric surgery market are Allergan Inc., Medtronic Plc., Johnson & Johnson, Intuitive Surgical Inc., GI Dynamics Inc., TransEnterix Inc., USGI Medical Inc., SemiLEDs Ltd., Cousin Biotech, and Mediflex Surgical Procedures.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global bariatric surgery market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- By geography, the market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Extensive analysis of the market assists in understanding the availability of various forms of devices used in bariatric surgery.
Bariatric Surgeries Market Key Segments:
- Stapling Devices
- Gastric Bands
- Gastric Balloons.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA