Bariatric surgeries are used for weight loss by decreasing the distending capacity of stomach to accommodate food with the process of gastric restriction and malabsorption. These surgeries are performed by use of minimally invasive techniques. The key factors that drive the market growth include rise in prevalence of obesity globally and increase in demand for minimally invasive techniques. However, high costs associated with the surgery restrain the market growth. Furthermore, increase in adoption of these surgeries in the emerging markets offers lucrative opportunities for market growth.
The global bariatric surgery market is segmented on the basis of device, procedure, and geography. Based on device, it is classified into stapling devices, gastric bands, and gastric balloons. Based on application, it is categorized into gastric bypass surgery, sleeve gastrectomy surgery, gastric banding surgery, and others.
Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players operating in the global bariatric surgery market are Allergan Inc., Covidien Plc., Johnson & Johnson, Intuitive Surgical Inc., GI Dynamics Inc., TransEnterix Inc., USGI Medical Inc., SemiLEDs Ltd., Cousin Biotech, and Mediflex Surgical Procedures.
Key Market Benefits
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global bariatric surgery market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by devices type assists in understanding the availability of various forms of devices used in bariatric surgery.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Bariatric Surgery Market Key Segments
- Stapling Devices
- Gastric Bands
- Gastric Balloons
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Other Procedures
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Republic of South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA