A bathrobe is a robe that is usually worn after a body wash or around a pool. A bathrobe is made of fabrics such as cotton, linen, fleece, terry cloth, and others. Terry cloth is an absorbent fabric that helps absorb the maximum amount of water and is the most suitable for making bathrobes. Changes in lifestyle, rapid urbanization, and increase in development of new esteem habits drive the demand for bathrobes. With the growing rate of the population around the world, the construction of new households will opt for the bathrobe as it is an essential bathing accessory. Growth in the hotel industry is directly increasing the demand for bathrobes, leading to the growth of the bathrobe market. After the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the production of bathrobes halted due to lockdown enforced by the government, disrupting operational activities.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has affected the bathrobe market. During the ongoing pandemic, the bathrobe was not considered a necessary product. Hence, the demand for bathrobe has witnessed a fall.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. There was a restriction on the import and export of bathrobe as it was not an essential product. Hypermarket/Supermarket and specialty stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of bathrobes had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labor, disrupted raw material supply, and logistic issue.
Top Impacting Factors
- The growth of the hotel and household has equally contributed to the expansion of the bathrobe market. The demand from these industries is rising day-by-day due to the consumer's adaptation toward a better standard of living and rapid urbanization. In this current era, consumers are highly conscious about their hygiene and always looking for a scope to improve.
- Technological development is also responsible for the introduction of new bathing accessories in the market. These products have additional features that increase convenience for the customers and helps in reducing the wastage of time. A product with high efficiency is expected to have a high demand in the market.
- Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the bathrobe market has seen a dip in demand. The expectation is that the market will start growing once the COVID outbreak decreases and the commercial industries start their operation in full force
Next-gen innovation in bathrobe expected to be a game-changer
With evolving expectations by the consumer, companies are investing in R&Ds to innovate and develop better bathrobe variant. A bathrobe made of a new fabric is expected to absorb water and take less time to dry, which is innovative for the consumers. The use of chemical-free fabric in the making of bathrobes is expected to eradicate skin problems in consumers. The demand for this product is expected to fuel the growth of the bathrobe market in future. Consumer ranks convenience as the topmost priority while choosing a product and prefers to use products that provide comfort and convenience.
Online retailing is gaining popularity
The major manufacturers of bathrobe all around the world are selling their products through an online platform. The hotel industry procures the bathrobes directly from the manufacturing company. The direct procurement of bathrobe is a familiar way to do business in the bathrobe market. Manufacturing companies offer heavy discounts on sales of a product, making it a profit-making deal for the buyers. The business had partially shifted from traditional to online due to the ongoing pandemic. Currently, the manufacturing companies are creating their website for sales or coming into partnership with e-commerce giants to sell their products. It is expected that in future, all the big players of the bathrobe industry will shift their services online to boost their sales and reach more customers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the bathrobe industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the bathrobe market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the bathrobe market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed bathrobe market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the bathrobe market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Bathrobe Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Jiangsu Canasin Weaving Co, Ltd, Sunvim Group Co., Ltd, Global Linen Company., Ltd, Abyss & Habidecor S.A., Shandong KIngshore Textile Co., Ltd, Monarch Towel Company, Zhejiang Twin Lantern Home Textile Co., The Amazing Grace Co., Loftex China Ltd