Battery-electric vehicle insulation is mainly installed in the vehicles for the comfortable travel of the passenger. Insulation minimizes the effect of heat, sound, and vibrations on the vehicle by regulating the temperature inside the cabin due to which less energy is required to operate the air conditioner. When the vehicle overheats, it severely affects the performance of the vehicle and further lead to evaporation of motorized liquids. Furthermore, the battery electric cabin insulation highly depends on the noise, vibration & harshness (NVH) design quality to protect the lithium-ion battery pack. The shaking of the vehicle damages the frame and the battery pack. Therefore, reduced amount of vibrations in the vehicles is expected to drive the growth of the global battery-electric vehicle insulation market in the near future.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Insulation Type, Product Type, Application, and Region
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM) and The Middle East and Africa
The major players analyzed include BASF SE, Morgan Advanced Materials, Alder Pelzer Holding, Saint-Gobain, DuPont, Zotefoams plc, Autoneum, Unifrax, 3M, and Elmelin Ltd.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Battery electric vehicle insulation industries from Germany, the U.S., and others are facing adverse effects due to the lockdown declared by the governments, which resulted into workforce unavailability and security risks, which in turn has caused a decline in the manufacturers productivity level.
- Major issues such as minimal operating cash and low liquidity have caused the battery-electric vehicle insulation producers to shut down operations owing to COVID-19 pandemic, which in turn has disrupted the sales network.
- As the governments all over the world have declared lockdown over the past few months owing to Corona virus a major disruption in the demand and supply cycles is witnessed, which in turn has caused a devastating decline in the production of the battery-electric vehicle insulations.
- Europe is a major manufacturing hub for the battery-electric vehicle insulator industry in the world, which has been significantly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic owing to a complete operation shut down for the battery-electric vehicle insulation manufacturers.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Growth in concerns over pollution, rise in demand for in-vehicle electronic system, and substantial investments from automakers in electric vehicles drive the growth of the market. However, absence of standardization of charging structure is expected to hamper the growth of the market. On the contrary, scope for further evolution of insulation materials for electric vehicles and scope of growth of autonomous electric vehicles are anticipated to provide lucrative opportunity for the market growth.
The global battery-electric vehicle insulation market trends are as follows:
Rise in demand for in-vehicle electronic system
Battery-electric vehicle manufacturers are focusing on evolving innovative vehicles with enhancing the usage of in-vehicle electronic system such as navigation, infotainment, heating, ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) and transmission systems. Furthermore, increased adoption for advanced security systems in battery-electric vehicles such as automatic emergency braking, airbags and lane departure warning help in reducing road accidents. Thereby, to ensure the safety & security of the in-vehicle electronic system, battery-electric vehicle insulation is majorly required in the vehicle to avoid any damage. Therefore, the rise in demand for in-vehicle electronic system is anticipated to boost the battery-electric vehicle insulation market growth during the forecast period.
Growing concerns over pollution
Rise in pollution level and climate change across the globe has encouraged people to shift from internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles toward battery electric vehicles (BEV). Furthermore, governments across the world are tightening emission norms. For example, in India, Bharat standard VI norms have been introduced in the year 2020, which made the diesel and petrol engines less-polluting; however, pricier, which led to increase in adoption of electric vehicles (EVs). Therefore, the growing concerns over pollution levels is expected to boost the growth of the battery-electric vehicle insulation market.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the battery-electric vehicle insulation industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the battery-electric vehicle insulation market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2019 to 2027 to highlight the battery-electric vehicle insulation market growth scenario.
- We can also determine insulation will remain a significant revenue shareholder in the global battery-electric vehicle insulation market through the predictable future.
Questions answered in the global battery-electric vehicle insulation market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in battery-electric vehicle insulation market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Battery-Electric Vehicle Insulation Market Report Highlights
By Insulation Type
By Product Type
Key Market Players
BASF SE, Unifrax, Saint-Gobain, Zotefoams plc, Autoneum, Alder Pelzer Holding, Elmelin Ltd., DuPont, Morgan Advanced Materials, 3M