A battery separator is a permeable membrane, which consists of a polymeric membrane forming a microporous layer. Battery separator is used to detach two terminals, i.e., cathode and anode present inside the building block of a battery to prevent electrical short-circuit. This microporous layer is moistened by the electrolyte, which acts as a catalyst to increase the movement of ions from one electrode to the other. When the battery is charging the ions moves from cathode to anode and when the battery gets discharged the ions start moving in the reverse direction.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to serve as a lucrative market for batteries, owing to the presence of developing economies. However, market in this region is going to witness decline in growth, due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. The outbreak of this virus has disrupted the operation in various end-use industries. The automotive industry is one of the significant consumers of batteries used in electric vehicles. The emergence of COVID-19 has made automotive manufacturers to refrain their production to stop the spread of the virus. Consequently, the demand for batteries has witnessed downfall resulting in reduced adoption of battery separators.
Trends and drivers in global battery separator market
The growth of this market is driven by significant increase in vehicle electrification rate, development in lithium-ion battery technology, and increase in sale of electronics devices. In addition, increase in penetration of electric devices such as digital cameras, laptops, wireless electrical, cell phones, and electronic equipment is a key factor driving the demand for battery separators. Moreover, factors such as exponential increase in population, increase in industrialization, rise in trend of electric vehicles to curb pollution, and advancements in battery are driving the utilization of battery separators around the globe.
However, safety issues related to batteries (operational safety and good current delivery) and low heat resistance hinder the growth of battery separator market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global battery separator market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global battery separator market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global battery separator market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Battery Separator Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
W-Scope Industries (Japan), Dreamweaver International (U.S.), Asahi Kasei (Japan), Sumitomo Chemical (Japan), Toray Industry (Japan), Entek International (U.S.), Ube Industries (Japan), Freudenberg (Germany), SK Innovation (South Korea), Bernard Dumas (France)