Behcets disease is an inflammatory and non-contagious disorder which can affect multiple parts of the body. The cause of this disease is still unknown but it is believed to be partly genetic. This condition often progresses with the passage of time. Diagnosis for Behcets disease is based on at least three incidents of mouth sores in a year together with at least two genital sores, eye inflammation, skin sores, a positive skin prick test.
Major factors that drive the market growth are the rise in incidences of Behcets disease globally. For instance, according to the American Behcets Disease Association (ABDA) there are approximately 16,000-20,000 cases of Behcet's disease in the U.S. and this disease is most prevalent in Turkey in which approximately 400 cases for every 100,000 individuals have been observed. However, lack of awareness among individuals and healthcare professionals will act as a restraint for the growth of this market. Moreover, technological advancements in healthcare industry and increasing R&D expenditure by the government will aid in creating lucrative opportunities for key market players.
The global Behcets disease market is segmented based on treatment type, symptoms and region. Based on treatment type this market is segmented into corticosteroids, immunosuppressive agents and immunomodulators. Corticosteroids are further sub segmented into methylprednisolone, prednisone and dexamethasone. Immunosuppressive agents are sub segmented into azathioprine, cyclophosphamide and chlorambucil. Immunomodulators are further sub segmented into colchicine, dapsone and sulfasalazine. Based on symptoms this market is segmented into eyes, bowels, skin and mucosa, lungs, brain, bones, blood vessels and heart. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Creabilis Ltd, Cell Medica Limited, Actelion Ltd, Abbott Laboratories, Novartis AG, Les Laboratoires, Servier SAS, AbbVie Inc., Celgene Corporation and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the global Behcet's disease market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Behcets Disease Market Key Segments:
By Treatment Type
- Immunosuppressive Agents
- Skin and Mucosa
- Blood vessels
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAME