A belt press filter is a very unique machine that dewaters by applying pressure to the biosolids to squeeze out the water. Biosolids sandwiched between two tensioned porous belts are passed over and under rollers of various diameters. Increased pressure is created as the belt passes over rollers which decrease in diameter.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The belt press filter market is projected to grow at a promising rate in the upcoming years. Surge in demand for the belt press filter market from varied application segments is estimated to safeguard the expansion of the market during the forecast period. Modernization and infrastructural development across the globe are the greatest factors that new technological devices like belt press filters are getting into the market, which boosts the market growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down a large number of construction sites, power plants, chemical storage industry, technology advancement companies, and others. This has hampered the growth of the belt press filter market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of the belt press filters in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to weaken the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for belt press filters was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries from the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are badly hit by the spread of the pandemic, declining the demand for services.
- Further, the potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and the financial recovery of companies is based on its cash reserves. Key players of the belt press filter market are expected to afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their service activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- The belt press filter market is expected to focus on protecting its workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working post COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
One of the most important driving factors of the belt press filter market growth includes industrialization and related solid waste emission at a huge level. It is used for solid/liquid separation processes, particularly the dewatering of sludges in the chemical industry, mining, and water treatment. It is also used for dewatering of sludge and slurry and juice extraction from apples, pears, and other fruits, as well as grapes for winemaking. Belt filters are used both municipally and industrially in a range of areas including urban sewage & wastewater treatment, metallurgy & mining, steel plants, coal plants, breweries, dyeing, tanneries, as well as chemical and paper factories. Moreover, the cost of the machine is very low. The implementation of IoT and artificial intelligence is making the machines technologically advance.
Nominal use of the machine, many small-scale industries are not aware of this type of machine and they use their workforce to clean up the solid waste manually. Proper awareness about belt press filters is necessary for market growth.
- ANDRITZ introduced a new medium pressure belt filter that presses in the new SME-Q range and medium-duty performance levels, while the high-pressure belt presses in the SMX-Q series.
- Sludge Processing introduced a new technology named BFP in belt press filter in June 2020, based on a three-belt system, where the gravity belt is independent of the two pressurizing belts. This allows the recirculation rate for the thickening operation to be separately adjusted from the dewatering operation.
- Some of the key players such as Sulzer, BELLMER, EKOTON Industrial, IHI, PHOENIX, Alfa Laval, EMO, and PETKUS Technologie are arranging workshops for the workforce to educate them about belt press filters.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the belt press filter market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the belt press filter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the belt press filter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed belt press filter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Belt Press Filter Market Report Highlights
By Filter Type
By Application Type
Key Market Players
TEKNOFANGHI, Sulzer, EKOTON Industrial, IHI, Econet Group, Euroby., BELLMER, PETKUS Technologie, Alfa Laval, HUBER