Polypropylene film that are stretched in cross directions as well as machine are termed Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP). BOPP has received greater popularity as high growth films as it is an excellent barrier for water vapor, acts as a barrier to greases & oil, and can be recycled and are not affected with changes in the environment. They provide paramount clarity, high gloss and excellent dimensional stability.
The rising consumption of consumer products in developing countries have also contributed to the development of the BOPP industry worldwide. The increased consumption of consumer goods has always been associated with the growing disposable income especially in the middle class. However, cost volatility mainly in raw material is likely to obstruct to the growth of the BOPP industry. On the other hand, demand for high performance and affordable product advancements via research and development is likely to create opportunities in years to come.
The BOPP market is segmented based on end-user and geography. End-users covered during the study are food industry, consumer goods industry, electronics etc. The applications discussed during the study are packaging, metalizing, stationery and labelling. Regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA are experiencing tremendous growth in the BOPP market.
A closer look at the competitive landscape reveals that major IT brands are busy launching solutions and generating clients in the same month itself. Prominent market players are also seen acquiring new companies or local market players to maintain their competitive edge. Other business strategies favored by the companies include constant upgradation, joint ventures and collaborations. Key market players active in the BOPP market are Granwell Products, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Dunmore Corporation, China National Petroleum Corporation, The Dow Chemical Company, Kopafilm, Sinopec Corp, Cosmo Films Ltd. and Ampacet Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth during the forecast period.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- By Product
- Food Industry
- Consumer Goods Industry
- By Application
- By Geography
- North America
- Key Players
- Granwell Products
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Dunmore Corporation
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Sinopec Corp
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- Ampacet Corporation.