Biliary stents are small mesh-like tubes, which do not contain any coating or covering. Stents are inserted into the liver to treat hepatic blockage and obstructive hepatic diseases, such as jaundice, cholecystitis, hepato-biliary diseases, and cholangitis. Biliary stents are utilized to treat obstruction present in the bile duct.
Factors such as increase in demand for minimally invasive techniques, technological advancements, and rise in geriatric populations drive the market growth. In addition, increase in awareness of the population and rise in demand for bioresorbable stents fuel the market growth. However, factors such as post-operative complications and stringent government regulations for approval are expected to restrain the market growth. Moreover, R&D in the field of surgical equipment is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
Biliary stents market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into biliary metal stents and biliary plastic stents. By end user, the market is classified into as hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to determine various products available in the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive market outlook.
Biliary Stents Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
B. Braun Melsungen AG, Medtronic, Biosensors International Group, Ltd, Terumo Corporation, Cook Medical, Boston Scientific Corporation, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Endotech, Abbott Laboratories, CONMED Corporation