The bilirubin meter is the instrument that measures the bilirubin level in the patient’s body. Bilirubin is the yellow compound present in the normal catabolic pathway that breaks down the heme in vertebrates. This catabolism is a necessary process in the body’s clearance of waste products that arise from the destruction of aged red blood cells. The process follows as the haemoglobin gets stripped of the heme. Then this passes through various processes of porphyrin catabolism, depending on the part of body in which the breakdown occurs. The biliverdin production from the heme is the initial step in the catabolic pathway. Further, the enzyme biliverdin reductase carries the second step. It produces the bilirubin from biliverdin.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in the prevalence of diseases like jaundice, hepatitis and other related diseases in the neonates is supposed to increase the growth of the market. Moreover, the prominent features of the devices like accuracy and efficacy of the bilirubin meters in the diagnosis of the diseases can also help to boost the growth of the market. Also, increase in technological advancements in the bilirubin meters to meet the recent features required can also boost the growth of the market. Furthermore, rise in awareness of the diagnosis and treatment for diseases can also help to increase the growth of the bilirubin meters market.
However, complications in the measurements of the total serum bilirubin using bilirubin meters and the high cost of the treatment can pose the key restraints in the growth of the market.
New product launches to flourish the market:
Demand for potable/handheld diagnostic devices is increasing to test the bilirubin levels in new-born babies. According to IEEE GlobalSpec, a device was developed by Rice University and qualified for testing bilirubin levels in neonates. The device, named BiliSpec RICE 360, is a handheld device which runs on battery. BiliSpec is a part of a 17-piece neonatal package called NEST (Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies) designed specifically for hospitals in Africa. The device has rapid action in testing and result is displayed on a digital screen on the device. It measures the level of bilirubin in the blood.
Surge in usage of bilirubin meters:
Increase in prevalence of diseases like jaundice and rise in awareness about non-invasive neonatal bilirubin meters can help to surge the usage of the bilirubin meters. Moreover, increase in demand for bilirubin meters for the diagnosis of the disease can also help to surge the usage of bilirubin meters.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global bilirubin meters industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global bilirubin meters market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global bilirubin meter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global bilirubin meter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the bilirubin meter market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the bilirubin meter market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Bilirubin meters Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd, Mennen Medical Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Siemens Healthineers AG, Micro Lab Instrument APEL CO. Ltd, Natus Medical Incorporated, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Major players analyzed include F, Dragerwerk AG Co., KGaA, Ningbo David Medical Device Co. Ltd., Avi healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Zhengzhou Dison Instrument and Meter Co., Ltd