Bio-PET (polyethylene terephthalate) is a polyester film made from stretched polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and is used for its high tensile strength, transparency, reflectivity, chemical & dimensional stability, gas & aroma barrier properties, and electrical insulation. Bio-PET allows producing resource-saving transparent packaging at nearly the same costs as traditional clear packaging. It is partly manufactured from renewable resources.
The global bio-PET film market has witnessed significant growth due to upsurge in demand for sustainable packaging solutions and increase in demand from consumer goods. In addition, rise in awareness among consumers for biomass-derived products and stringent government norms by EU to encourage environmental-friendly products supplement the growth of the bio-PET film market. However, fluctuating raw material prices restrains the market growth. The market is expected to witness numerous growth opportunities, owing to increase in demand for bio-PET films from emerging economies.
The global bio-PET film market is segmented based on application and geography. Consumer goods, technical, and bottles are the applications of bio-PET film. Based on geography, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- The Coca-Cola Company
- M&G Chemicals
- Toyota Tsusho
- Plastipak Holdings
- Toray Industries
- Teijssin Limited
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
Bio-PET Film Market Key Segments:
- Consumer Goods
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA