Polymer produced from renewable feedstock such as sugarcane are termed as bio-based polyethylene. Furthermore, bio -based polyethylene is mainly used in packaging application such as bottles, carry bags etc. Besides this, its renewable characteristic makes it an environment friendly to various chemical counterparts, that are likely to witness market demand in the next five to six years.
Rising demand on sustainable packaging is likely to be a major factor driving the bio-based polyethylene industry. In addition, strict regulation and initiatives adopted by the government bodies to lower GHG emission would drive the industry in years to come. However, uncertainty regarding the availability of raw materials may hinder the market growth to a greater extent. On the other hand, technological developments majorly in hydraulic fracturing is anticipated to create greater opportunities.
The market is segmented based on applications and geography. Applications covered in the report includes packaging, automotive and others. Regions expected to witness tremendous growth include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
Key market players active in the market are Braskem, The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, INEOS, Total S.A, Arkema S.A and SABIC.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth, during the forecast period 2014 2020.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industdedrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
BIO-BASED POLYETHYLENE MARKETKEYSEGMENTS
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Total S.A
- Arkema S.A