Bio-detection has emerged as an effective solution to tackle growing bio-terrorism. Bio-terrorism attacks are caused by airborne chemicals or pathogens that are released by a terrorist organization or a group of people with a motive. These bio-detection systems help in the detection of the pathogens or chemicals which indicate the entry of a virus.
The global bio-detection market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to increasing awareness about bio-terrorism and biological warfare and increasing support from the government to develop effective bio-detection technologies. However, problems faced in identification of minute pathogens and increasing misuse of scientific technologies hamper the market growth.
The bio-detection market is segmented based ontype, services, application, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into bioanalyses; instruments; reagents and media; and accessories and consumables. Based on services, the market is divided into bioanalyses, chemical analyses, and DNA-based assays. Based on application, the market is segmented into defense; food and environment; and clinical settings. The market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Agilent Technologies, Alexeter Technologies, LLC, AdVnt Biotechnologies, Cepheid, Dycor Technologies Ltd., 3M Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Smiths Group plc, and20/20 GeneSystems Inc.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global bio-detection market.
- Comprehensive analysis of regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise bio-detection market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Bio-Detection Market Key Segments
- Reagents and Media
- Accessories and Consumables
- Chemical Analyses
- DNA based Assays
- Food and Environment
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA