A stent is a metallic or a polymer tube implanted into the lumen of any blood vessel or a duct in order to keep the passage open. A variety of stents for different clinical conditions are available in the market. A stent implant is most commonly used for the treatment of cardiac abnormalities such as blocked blood vessels. In addition, stents are implanted in the esophagus to allow the passage of food and beverages in patients suffering from esophageal cancer. They are also inserted in the ureter to prevent obstruction of urine flow from kidney, in the gall bladder to allow passage of bile in patients suffering from gall bladder cancer, and in the abdomen & gastrointestinal tract. A bioabsorbable stent is a special type of stent which can be dissolved or reabsorbed within the patients body.
World bioabsorbable stents market is driven by several factors such as rising geriatric population, who are more susceptible to strokes and require a stent implant for treatment, technological advancements in stents, increased adoption rate of these devices, and increased risk of restenosis in patients undergoing angioplasty. In addition, unhealthy diet habits and lack of necessary physical activity lead to the development of cardiovascular diseases, and hence increase the need for percutaneous coronary interventions. Also, the disappearance of the stents from the treated site has several other advantages such as, facilitation of repeat treatments, reduction in late-stent thrombosis, and others. Especially in pediatrics surgery bioabsorbable stents do not require surgical removal and facilitate vessels growth. However, high cost of stent implant procedures and stringent government regulations for the approval of stents are factors restraining the market growth.
The report segments the world bioabsorbable stents market based on application, biomaterial, end user and geography. On the basis of biomaterials, the market is divided into polymeric, metallic and natural stents. Based on applications, market is segmented into coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease. By end user, the market is segmented into hospitals and cardiac centers. Based on geography, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA regions.
The leading players have entered into agreements and collaborations with other companies to enhance their strong position in the market. For example: in June 2014, STENTYS announced its agreement to acquire Cappella peel away Inc. This helped the company to use advanced technology for the enhancing drug delivery system of stents. In addition, Boston Scientific collaborated with MedAxiom (U.S.) and TogetherMD (U.S.) in April 2015 to bring innovative solutions to healthcare systems. This collaboration aimed at improving outcomes and reducing the cost of cardiovascular care delivery to healthcare systems.
Key players operating in the world bioabsorbable stents market include Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, C.R. Bard, Inc., Elixir Medical Corporation, Medtronic plc, Microport Scientific Corporation, STENTYS SA, and Terumo Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the world bioabsorbable stents market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by material and application helps in understanding the various types of devices used for clearing blockages associated with chronic diseases.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided that helps in determining the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
- Key market players within the world bioabsorbable stents market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analysed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
BIOABSORBABLE STENTS MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Polymeric Stents
- Metallic Stents
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
By End User
- North America
- South Africa