A sterile pad or dressing is applied to wounds to assist healing and cover the wound from further injuries and contaminants. Dressing is slightly different from a bandage and it is specially designed to be directly in contact with the wound. Most of the modern dressings are self-adhesive to ensure safety of the wound and can be modified depending on the site, severity, and position of the wound.
Growth in incidence of chronic injuries and increase in number of surgical procedures drives bioactive wound care market. In addition, rise in number of tissue replacement procedures and surge in awareness among healthcare professionals about effective wound management boost the market growth. However, high cost associated with R&D activities related to wound care products and availability of alternative wound care products are expected to impede the growth.
The global bioactive wound care market is segmented based on product and region. Based on product, it is classified into alginate dressing, antimicrobial dressing, and hydrocolloids dressing. Base on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as ConvaTec Inc., Smith & Nephew plc., Mlnlycke Health Care AB, Paul Hartmann AG, Systagenix Wound Management Ltd., Organogenesis Inc., Covidien plc, 3M Healthcare, Covalon Technologies Ltd., and Derma Sciences, are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global bioactive wound care market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Bioactive Wound Care Market Key Segments:
- Alginate Dressing
- Antimicrobial Dressing
- Hydrocolloids Dressing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA