Biochips are used in molecular laboratories to carry out hundreds or thousands of biochemical reactions simultaneously. Biochips can quickly screen a high number of biological analytes for an array of applications such as disease diagnosis and detection of hazardous biological agents in the system. Digital microfluid biochips are highly efficient and have become popular in many biochemical fields.
Increase in adoption of biochips in drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, and other arrays; technological advancements; and rise in utilization in personalized medicines, cancer diagnostics, and treatments drive the demand for biochips. However, high cost of R&D related to biochips is expected to hinder the market growth.
The global biochip market is segmented based on type, fabrication technology, end user, and region. Based on type, it is classified into DNA chips, lab-on-a-chip, protein chips, and other arrays. By fabrication technology, it is categorized into microarrays and microfluidics. By end user, it is segmented into biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies, academic & research institutes, hospitals & diagnostics centers, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed at the country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Fluidigm Corporation, Illumina Inc., GE Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cepheid Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global biochip market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Biochip Market Key Segments:
- DNA Chips
- Protein Chips
- Other Arrays
By Fabrication Technology
By End User
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Hospitals & Diagnostics Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA