The biodegradable mulch films are widely adopted owing to the use of compostable & biodegradable raw materials. The proven biodegradability of mulch film in soil contributes to a better environment. It is designed to prevent heat from reaching the plants root and keeping it cool for faster growth.
These films make the use of plant starch and are prepared by the conventional plastics processing technology. It provides an environmental friendly alternative to plastic mulch film for weed control, water conservation, soil temperature moderation, and other benefits. The utilization of the film provides benefits to the farmers such as increase in soil temperature, speed up the germination & cultivation cycles, long-term nutritious soil, and prevention of fruits & vegetables from direct contact with the soil. Moreover, these films are cost & labor efficient, which eliminate the use of herbicide and pesticide with the reduction in water consumption.
The biodegradable mulch films are an alternative for polyethylene in reducing non-recyclable waste and decrease the environment pollution associated with it. These benefits related with the use of these films boost the global market growth. Further, increased application in agriculture, rise in environmental concerns, and inclination toward the use of eco-friendly mulch films drives the global market. The combining contribution of international universities and research institutions for the development of new characteristics in biodegradable mulch film is expected to deliver the substantial growth opportunities in the global market.
The global biodegradable mulch film market is segmented based on raw material type, crop type, and geography. On the basis of raw material type, it is categorized as starch, polylactic acid (PLA), polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), and others. On the basis of crop types, it is divided into fruits & vegetables, grains & oilseeds, and flowers & plants. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major market players are as follows:
- BASF SE
- BioBag International AS
- RKW Group
- AEP Industries Inc.
- Dow Chemical Company
- British Polyethylene Industries Plc
- Armando Alvarez Group
- Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd
- Xinfu Pharmaceutical
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global biodegradable mulch film market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Biodegradable Mulch Film Market Key Segments:
By Raw Material Type
- Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
By Crop Type
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Grains & Oilseeds
- Flowers & Plants
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry include the following:
- EcoPoly Solutions
- Trioplast AB
- Barbier Plastic Solutions
- Ab Rani Plast Oy
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on interest