Biodetectors refer to analytical devices, which integrate precision and selectivity of specific biological systems with the help of microelectronics. They usually comprise recognition system for various biological entities, with most common binding proteins or enzymes as biorecognition systems. Nucleic acids, entire bacterial microbe as well as unicellular organisms and tissues of several organisms can also be used as biorecognition system. The biodetectors and accessories are implemented in detection of hazardous chemical agents and pathogens. Some other fields utilizing biodetectors include food and beverage industry to monitor food safety and quality, in fermentation industry as well as in metabolic engineering to facilitate in vivo study of cellular metabolic processes. Furthermore, they have a crucial role in medical science such as early detection of several cardiac diseases, quick detection of papilloma virus, and others. Fluorescent biosensors are also mainly used in drug development and discovery related to cancer. Biosensor applications is also utilized in botany to trace links essential to study metabolic processes. Other applications include use in defense sector, marine applications and clinical sector.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a humanitarian as well as economic crisis, creating strain on the society and affecting millions of people and businesses
- Industry closures and people are asked to stay in their homes which has cause taken a huge toll in terms of money and economic growth
- Over 4 million people affected globally, with 300 thousand losing their lives due to SARS-CoV-2
- Healthcare organizations are already working in battle mode, preparing new plans to respond growing COVID-19 patients, right from sourcing rapid diagnosing kits to sufficient PPE kits for workers
- Due to diversion of medical field towards treating COVID-19, the funding to R&D activities related to biodetector and accessories has been reduced and this segment have to face negligence subsequently causing negative impact on biodetector and accessories market
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Tremendous levels of air pollution rising on daily basis globally, leading to widespread of airborne diseases. Moreover, rising requirement to prevent bioterrorism that involves use of extremely hazardous chemical agents will soar the demand for biodetectors and accessories in coming years. The attack of Anthrax pathogen in 2001 on government officials in the U.S. Such incidences will contribute to adoption of these systems globally. In addition, rapid spread of several viral and infectious diseases like SARS-CoV-2, Ebola, MARS and Zika virus, will induce fear in minds of population, thereby pushing the regulatory authorities to develop preventive measures and initiate clinical urgency to procure biodefense mechanisms, involving the use of biodetectors and accessories. Biodetectors are prominently used for identification of antibodies various organisms ranging from single cellular to multi-cellular. Henceforth, biodetectors and accessories play a pivotal role in biorecognition of pathogenic organisms. Owing to these advantages provided by these equipment will surge its utility across multiple sectors, thereby fuelling the business growth. In addition to this, the rising demand for technologically superior biodetection systems for early recognition of potential bio threats is expected to contribute significantly to the market growth over forthcoming years. These developments include micro arrays, microfluidics-based biodetectors, and electrochemiluminescence-based biodetectors. Several benefits associated with use of these recently upgraded biodetection systems comprises enhanced ability to detect low level agent, better response, coupled with multiple agent recognition. Pertaining to these factors, this market would grow significantly in the future.
On the flip side, high costs related to procurement of these biodetector systems and low awareness towards these systems in under-developed economies are the factors restraining the growth of biodetectors and accessories market to a certain extent.
However, growing environmental degradation, supportive government initiatives and awareness campaigns is favoring the global biodetector and accessories market, thereby offering abundant growth opportunities to market players.
Increasing prevalence of airborne diseases
Growing incidences of airborne diseases coupled with exponentially growing levels of air pollution mostly developed countries, followed by developing countries are the factors driving the biodetectors and accessories market. As per the World Health Organization (WHO) statistics, air pollution related fatalities accounted for around 7 million premature deaths. Air pollution increases the risk of several chronic diseases that can incur significant death loss among the population. Diseases such as ischemic heart disease, lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) among others cause majority of deaths due to immense rise in air pollution. Furthermore, various toxic elements are inhaled by the body such as arsenic and mercury, which leads to increased risks of cardiovascular diseases, arsenicosis, cancers, chronic kidney ailments and many others. As a result, the rising levels of air pollution would have a positive impact on the biodetectors and accessories market.
North American region dominates the market
North America is expected to lead the biodetectors and accessories throughout. The dominance is due to factors like rise in the levels of air pollution resulting in development of various chronic diseases and higher adoption of technology in the region. Additionally, supportive government initiatives to bolster biosecurity and prevent bioterrorism are stimulating the market growth in this region. Moreover, heavy investment in R&D activities and regular product launches would contribute to this market. Drastic rise in healthcare expenditure, availability of a well-developed infrastructure and presence of major industry players are the other factors expected to boost the market in the near future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global biodetectors and accessories market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global biodetectors and accessories market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global biodetectors and accessories market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global biodetectors and accessories market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the biodetectors and accessories market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the biodetectors and accessories market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Biodetectors and Accessories Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Agilent Technologies,, Smith Detection,, BioDetection Instruments,, BBI Detection,, Bio Rad Laboratories,, PositiveID, MBio Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific., Shimadzu,, Bertin,