The biggest conceivable source of biodiesel is oil harvest, for example, rapeseed, palm or soybean, making it an economical option compared with traditional diesel. Biodiesel meets both the biomass-based diesel and the progressed biofuel prerequisite of the renewable fuel standard, a program of the U.S. government. Biodiesel further meets particulars made by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) for legitimate diesel engine fuel (ASTM D975) and the definition for biodiesel itself (ASTM D6751). The high prominence of the low-level mix B5 is on the grounds that it tends to be securely utilized in any pressure start motor intended to be worked on oil diesel. This incorporates light-duty and heavy-duty diesel vehicles & trucks, tractors, boats, and electrical generators. B20 is another regular mix in the U.S. Its fame is principally driven by government motivations and money-related advantages that different government programs offer.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The coronavirus (COVID-19) flare-up is sending shockwaves throughout the global economy.
- The spread of coronavirus has disturbed business, travel, and everyday life. As governments ask individuals to remain inside to control the flare-up, fuel request has tightened.
- The effect is especially intense in the oil market as limitations on international travel and territorial and nearby development keep individuals and merchandise from flowing openly, which negatively affects the transport fuel growth.
- In Europe, limitations on developments and social contact have spread nearly as quickly as the infection itself, for example, disturbing industrial supply and bringing down exchange and transportation exercises.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Pure biodiesel is known as B100 (i.e., 100% biodiesel). It is a rarely applicable product in the industry as the existing diesel engines that run on fossil diesel may not be reasonable for pure biodiesel. Therefore, mixes are utilized that have a specific content of biodiesel blended with fossil diesel. The vast majority of the present diesel engines produced via car (and truck) makers are fit for taking care of biodiesel mixed fills. Biodiesel can be mixed and utilized in various fixations, and the mixes utilized in automobiles change by nation and government guidelines. The most widely recognized mixes are B5 (up to 5% biodiesel) and B20 (6% to 20% biodiesel).
Biodiesel production uses oil bearing yields, reused oils, animal fats, and algae growth. These feedstock are gathered under first, second, and third generation. Various feedstocks have been tested in biodiesel production. Headways from such experimentations prompted the foundation of waste-to-riches biodiesel production. Modest and promptly accessible raw materials, for example, cooking oil and yellow oil are utilized for forming biodiesel. These endeavors help in diminishing the ecological effects related with dumping. Another prominent achievement is the utilization of jatropha or the "miracle plant" in many developing nations. It can be developed any place with negligible water system and less concentrated consideration, making it appropriate for worker and farmers.
Technology, application, and expansion of the market
The biofuels market has witnessed improvements in cellulosic and algae biofuel innovation. These advances/forms use cellulosic (switch grass, corn stover) and algae feedstock for bioethanol and biodiesel production separately. Jatropha is another potential feedstock distinguished for biodiesel production as numerous organizations, such as PNOC (the Philippines), Emami Biotech (India), and Abcesso Biofuels (Brazil), obtain fields for jatropha development to improve the biodiesel market. These feedstocks are additionally delegated first (normal biomass), second (cellulosic), and third (green growth) age feedstocks.
The usage of biofuels in transport and flight segment boosts their utilization. In addition, many car organizations, such as Ford and Volkswagen, make biodiesel perfect engines and flex fuel vehicles.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the biodiesel feedstock market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the biodiesel feedstock market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the biodiesel feedstock market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Biodiesel Feedstock Market Report Highlights
By Feedstock Generation
By Feedstock Outlook
Key Market Players
Argent Energy, BDI-Bioenergy International GmbH, Verbio Vereinigte Bioenergie Ag, Greenergy International Ltd., Crimson Renewable Energy Llc, AG Processing Inc., Manuelita S.A., Futurefuel Corp., Fathopes Energy, Avril Group, Ecodiesel Colombia Sa, Biod Energy (India) Pvt Ltd., Renewable Biofuels Inc., China Clean Energy Inc., Lukoil Neftochim Burgas Ad, Archer Daniels Midland Co., Western Dubuque Biodiesel Llc, Emami Agrotech Ltd., German Biofuels Gmbh, Wilmar International Ltd., Cargill Inc., Louis Dreyfus Co., Ineos Group Ltd., Epitome Energy, Munzer Bioindustrie Gmbh, Biocube Corp., Renewable Energy Group