Biologic imaging reagents are the substances used by medical practitioners or by researchers to conduct diagnostic or research-based exercises. Biologic imaging reagents play a crucial role in the field of healthcare and other life science industries. They provide significant help in the detection of biological processes at a molecular level. Moreover, these imaging reagents assist medical practitioners and physicians in obtaining diagnostic information for the detection and treatment of diseases especially in the field of oncology, cardiovascular, and neurology.
To enhance the visibility of structures identified by X-ray techniques, such as computed tomography, projection radiography, and fluoroscopy, radiocontrast agents are used. Iodine and barium-sulfate are the most common substance used for these agents. Typically, gadolinium chelated contrast agents are used to enhance the visibility of the structures that are picked up on by MRI, as they are safe for human use.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has a profound effect on the biologic imaging reagents market, due to the nationwide lockdown. This led to the emergence of new challenges and changes, which are tedious to manage, and every business is suffering. For instance, in the biologic imaging industry, COVID-19 has resulted in a decline in demand for imaging reagents. This is attributed to the low availability of healthcare professionals and limited availability of healthcare services across the globe. Furthermore, rescheduling of biologic imaging appointments has negatively impacted the market.
Top Impacting Factors
Cardiovascular diseases in the geriatric population are one of the leading causes of death across the globe; thus, rapid increase in the geriatric population is expected to drive the demand for biologic imaging reagents market.
Rise in the number of cancer patients who require superior diagnostic imaging techniques, such as photoacoustic imaging techniques and imaging reagents for improved diagnosis further contributes toward the growth of the biologic imaging reagents market.
Growing demand for diagnostic imaging devices such as MRI and x-ray devices encouraged by the introduction of digital and portable systems and the implementation of picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) is expected to augment the demand for biologic imaging reagents.
Development in biologic imaging reagents and high unmet medical and diagnostic imaging procedure needs are the key factors that fuel the growth of the biologic imaging reagents market.
Moreover, increase in expenditure on healthcare and growth in demand for effective procedures and safe medicine are expected to fuel the market growth.
High cost and funding required will act as the restraint of the market, whereas advancements in the diagnosis section will serve as the opportunity.
New product launches to flourish the market
- In April 2019, PerkinElmer announced the acquisition of Cisbio Bioassays, a leading custom assay service provider. The addition of Cisbio bolsters PerkinElmer’s position in life sciences and diagnostics markets.
- In July 2019, Bayer AG received FDA approval for Gadavist (gadobutrol) injection in the U.S., for use in cardiac magnetic resonance (MR) imaging to assess myocardial perfusion (stress, rest).
- In August 2019, Bracco S.p.A. received FDA approval for Varibar ® Thin Liquid (barium sulfate) for oral suspension, for the detection and assessment of the type and severity of swallowing disorders.
Surge in usage in cardiovascular diseases
- Increased prevalence of chronic disorders such as cardiovascular and neurological diseases is adding traction to the expansion of the global biologic imaging reagents industry. The WHO considers cardiovascular disease as one of the major causes of death across the globe.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) claims that the worldwide mortality numbers due to cardiovascular disorders exceeded 17 million in the year 2016, and is expected to reach 23.6 million by 2030. Likewise, according to the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), 655,000 deaths occur in the U.S. annually owing to heart conditions. Therefore, increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases among the geriatric population is one of the leading causes of death across the globe, , which, in turn, is likely to fuel the demand for biologic imaging reagents.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the biologic imaging reagents along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the biologic imaging reagents market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the biologic imaging reagents market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- Questions answered in the angioplasty Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the biologic imaging reagents market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "biologic imaging reagents "?
- What is "biologic imaging reagents " market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "biologic imaging reagents " market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "biologic imaging reagents " market report?
Biologic Imaging Reagents Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Bayer,, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.,, Siemens Healthcare Private Limited,, FUJIFILM Visualsonics, Inc., iMAX,, ABX advanced biochemical compounds GmbH, BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg,, Bracco Diagnostic Inc..,, PerkinElmer Inc,, Promega Corporation.,, Koninklijke Philips N.V.,, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY,, Guerbet, Beckman Coulter, Inc.,, Kiran,, Cardinal Health,, Advanced Proteome Therapeutics Corporation,