Biologic therapeutics drugs are genetically engineered proteins derived from human genetic material. They contain sugars, proteins, nucleic acids, or complex combinations of these substances, or may be living entities such as cells and tissues. In addition, biologics drugs are derived from natural sources such as animals, humans, and microorganisms that are further utilized to make therapeutic products such as vaccines, blood components, and recombinant therapeutic proteins.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the biologic therapeutic drugs market include increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, & coronary artery diseases and a rise in geriatric population. Moreover, a large number of clinical trials and innovative R&D approaches to develop advanced drugs drive the market growth.
However, manufacturing difficulties due to the complexity of drug molecules hinder the market growth. Increase in R&D activities in the field of pharmaceutical industries and rise in therapeutical applications are anticipated to provide new opportunities for the market.
The biologic therapeutics drugs market is segmented on the basis of product, application, source, and region. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into vaccines, blood & blood products, allergenic extracts, human cells & tissues, gene therapies, protein, cellular therapies, and xenotransplantation products. By application, it is categorized into rheumatoid arthritis, anemia, cancer, diabetes, and others. In terms of source, it is classified into humans, avian cell culture, yeast, bacteria, insect cell culture, and xenotransplantation products. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the biologic therapeutics drugs market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps determine various products available in the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to predict the competitive market outlook.
Biologic Therapeutics Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Blood and Blood Products
- Allergenic Extracts
- Human Cells and Tissues
- Gene Therapies
- Cellular Therapies
- Xenotransplantation Products
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Avian Cell Culture
- Insects Cell Culture
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis Global
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Smith Medical
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Concord Biotech
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Retractable Technologies, Inc.