Biological safety cabinets Market Outlook - 2027
Biological safety cabinets are also called biosafety cabinets. These cabinets are ventilated and encompassed laboratory workspace areas planned for the protection of the user and environment surrounding from the pathogens. The air exhausts are filtered by HEPA for the removal of agents which can be fatal like bacteria and viruses. Biological safety cabinets are utilized in various laboratories like research and clinical labs. These cabinets are classified into three divisions:
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
- Class I protects the user as wells as the environment surrounding; however, there is no protection for the manipulated sample. The levels of biosafety are 1, 2, and 3.
- Class II protects the environment, user and the samples as well.Class IIis further divided into four types:
The differences in this type are the exhaust systems and the minimum inflow velocity. The levels of biosafety are 1, 2 and 3.
- Class III of the biological safety cabinetconsists of the glove boxes, supplies protection at the maximum level.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future
Owing to such factors, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the Biological safety cabinets market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis:
Owing to factors like commending regulations, rising risks due to communicable and pandemics diseases, rising growth of biologics and pharmaceutical companies, and the major factors affecting the growth of the biological safety cabinet market.
Regulations and policies favorable for the market, increased risk of pandemics, and communicable diseases, the number of R&D activities rising in pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies are the factors propelling the growth of the biological safety cabinets.
Various alternatives for biological safety cabinets which are reliable and effective biological safety cabinets are a major challenge for the growth of the global biological safety cabinets market. Moreover, expensive biological safety cabinets affect the demand and the usage of the systems and are hampering the biological safety cabinets market.
New product launches and acquisitions to flourish the market:
OnMay 13th, 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific launched Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs) of Class II that helped in the development of the optimization of preventing contamination and also for the protection of the information and itsmanagement.
On July 1st, 2019, Telstar introduced ergonomic BiOptima cabinet which is a Class II biological safety cabinets with high-end, for furnishing the cleanability, higher performance, and saving of theenergy.
Surge in usage in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals companies applications:
Testing and diagnostic laboratories, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies, and research and academic institutions are the major consumers of the biological safety cabinets market. Amongst them, the pharma and biotechnology companies are the biggest consumers. The demand is increasing due to the rise in R & D activities along with the safety of laboratory officials and the developments of the drugs.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Biological safety cabinets industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Biological safety cabinets market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global Biological safety cabinets market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Biological safety cabinets Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Biological safety cabinets market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Biological Safety Cabinets Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Thermo Fisher Scientific, NuAire, EUROCLONE, Labconco Corporation, The Baker Company, Esco Micro, Cruma, Air Science LLC, Kewaunee Scientific Corporation, Germfree Laboratories