Biologics therapeutics drugs are genetically engineered proteins derived from human genetic material. Biologics therapeutics contains sugars, proteins, or nucleic acids or complex combinations of these substances, or may be living entities such as cells and tissues. Moreover, these drugs are approved by FDA due to their similar therapeutical actions as biologics.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the biologics and biosimilars market include increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and coronary artery diseases and rise in geriatric population. Moreover, large numbers of clinical trials and innovative R&D approaches to develop advanced drugs drive the market growth. However, manufacturing difficulties due to complexity of drug molecules hinder the market growth. Increase in R&D activities in the field of pharmaceutical industries and rise in therapeutical applications are anticipated to provide new opportunities for the market.
The biologics and biosimilars market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into antibody, hormone, and growth-factor. By application, it is categorized into tumor, diabetes, cardiovascular, hemophilia, and others. By region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the biologic and biosimilars market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps determine various products available in the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to predict the competitive market outlook.
Biologics And Biosimilars Market Key Segments:
- Growth Factor
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis Global
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Smiths Medical
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Concord Biotech
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Retractable Technologies, Inc.