Biologics are advanced drugs used in treatment of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and other diseases. These biologics constitutes large molecules such as monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins and their safety ensures patient safety as these are used in the treatment of different diseases.
Rise in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, huge R&D investment by key players in the life sciences industry, and increase in number of new drug launches in recent years drive the market. However, stringent government regulations for approval of biosimilars and high cost of drug development restricts the market growth. In addition, governmental support towards providing funds for biologics development and its safety is expected to provide lucrative market growth opportunities.
The global biologics safety testing market is segmented based on product & services, application, and test type. Based on test type, the market is categorized into endotoxin tests, sterility tests, cell line authentication and characterization tests, bioburden tests, cell line authentication, residual host contaminant detection tests, adventitious agent detection tests, and others. In terms of application, the market is bifurcated into vaccine development, blood products testing, cellular & gene therapy, tissue and tissue-related products testing, and stem cell research. Based on product & services, the market is categorized into kits & reagents, services, and instruments. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the global biologics safety testing market include Lonza Group LTD., Charles River Laboratories, Merck KGaA, SGS SA, WuXi AppTec Co., Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Sartorius AG, Cytovance Biologics, Inc., Pace Analytical Services Inc., and Toxikon Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global biologics safety testing market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product assists to understand the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Biologics Safety Testing Market Key Segments:
- Vaccine Development
- Blood Products Testing
- Cellular & Gene Therapy
- Tissue and Tissue-Related Products Testing
- Stem Cell Research
By Test Type
- Endotoxin Tests
- Sterility Tests
- Cell Line Authentication and Characterization Tests
- Bioburden Tests
- Cell Line Authentication
- Residual Host Contaminant Detection Tests
- Adventitious Agent Detection Tests
By Product & Services
- Kits & Reagents
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA