Biomass refers to the type of fuel sourced from living/non-living plant matter, which could be in the form of either wooden logs, wood pellets, or chips. Biomass boilers are fully automatic appliances, that show similar properties of oil or gas boiler and use advanced controls, which cleverly regulate the amount of fuel delivered to the burner to match the heat demand on the boiler. The fuel is then fed to the burner through an auger connected to the adjacent pellet hopper. This can, in turn, be automatically supplied from a bulk pellet store, which can vary in size.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global biomass boiler market. This research study includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
Biomass boilers provide an array of economic and environmental benefits owing to renewable and low carbon nature of biomass. The renewable nature of biomass has compelled the increased installation of biomass boilers across the developed as well as the developing countries. Moreover, several government policies that aim to increase in the demand for renewables as a major step toward regulating the carbon emission levels is another factor that leads to market growth. In addition, regulatory frameworks and government grants provide investment subsidies and tax benefits to industries using renewables. This promotes biomass heating companies to switch to biomass on an increased level thereby leading to market growth. However, decrease in overall efficiency of biomass with time with the rise of pollutants emission and ash deposition, are some of the issues expected to hinder the market growth.
The global biomass boiler market is segmented based on feedstock type, product type, end-user, and geography. On the basis of feedstock type, it is divided into woody biomass, agriculture & forest residues, biogas & energy crops, and urban residues. Based on product type, it is classified into stoker boilers, bubbling fluidized bed (BFB) boilers, and circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers. By end user, it is categorized into residential, commercial, and industrial end users. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector include Alstom, Amec Foster Wheeler, Baxi, Eco vision, Hurst, Innasol Limited, WDS Green Energy Limited, AbioNova, Babcock & Wilcox, Dongfang Electric, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Sytems, IHI, Harbin Electric, Doosan Heavy Industries, Bharat Heavy Electricals, Ansaldo, Siemens, and Thermax.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2017 to 2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped as per key trends and opportunities of the market and presence of major players.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the biomass boiler market are also listed.
- This study evaluates value chain to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation is provided to elucidate the dominant opportunities.
Biomass Boiler Market Key Segments:
By Feedstock Type
- Woody Biomass
- Agriculture & Forest Residues
- Biogas & Energy Crops
- Urban Residues
By Product Type
- Stoker Boilers
- Bubbling Fluidized Bed (BFB) Boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Boilers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA