Biopharmaceuticals are produced by biotechnological methods such as recombinant DNA techniques, fermentation, hybridoma techniques, and purification processes. They are made up of proteins and nucleic acids and are used in the treatment of various chronic diseases such as cardiovascular, metabolic, neurological, cancer, and other diseases.
Factors such as rise in aging population, increase in chronic diseases, enhanced R & D investments on pharmaceutical companies, and ability of biopharmaceuticals to treat diseases that were previously untreatable drive the market growth. However, high costs of biopharmaceuticals and risk of sideeffects associated with them restrain the market growth. Moreover, patent expiry of original drugs and favorable regulatory approvals are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The global biopharmaceutical market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. On the basis of product, it is divided into recombinant hormones, purified proteins, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies (MAb), recombinant proteins, recombinant growth factors, synthetic immunomodulators, recombinant enzymes, and other products. On the basis of application, it is classified into cardiovascular diseases, oncology, inflammatory and infectious diseases, hormonal disorders, neurological disorders, autoimmune disorders, disease prevention, metabolic disorders, and other diseases. By geography the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players in the market include Abbott Laboratories, Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Biogen Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly & Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand various types of biopharmaceuticals used in the market.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which determines the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Biopharmaceutical Market Key Segments:
- Recombinant Hormones
- Purified Proteins
- Monoclonal Antibodies (MAb)
- Recombinant Proteins
- Recombinant Growth Factors
- Synthetic Immunomodulators
- Recombinant Enzymes
- Other Products
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases
- Hormonal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Disease Prevention
- Metabolic Disorders
- Other Diseases
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA