Bioprocess containers are single-use, flexible containers system widely incorporated for handling sterile liquids. Moreover, these containers are employed for vaccine manufacturing and media preparation in the biopharmaceutical industry. Their basic function is to increase the speed of ongoing biopharmaceutical process and aid in storage of sterile fluids. Furthermore, bioprocess containers are cost-effective and are equipped with plastic films, ports, tubing, and fittings. They are readily integrated into a variety of high-performance systems for all steps in the production of biologics. Bioprocess containers serve as an alternative option to conventional stainless steel system, and are cost-effective. Several features are important for the performance of the bioprocess containers such as biological compatibility and physical & mechanical properties. Bioprocess containers are widely applicable across bioresearch, pharma & biotech, consumer health, agro ingredients, and coatings & composites. They are further used for cell culture products, bioprocess systems, drug discovery, and other related activities. They lower energy costs to reduce utility requirements, minimize cleaning validation efforts, reduce water & chemical use, and enable flexibility in manufacturing.
The global bioprocess containers market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, due to the factors such as increase in demand for biologics and rise in production of vaccines using single-use disposable technology. In addition, affordability and sustainability of single-use bioprocess technology are the other key factors that are responsible for the growth of bioprocess containers market. Moreover, lower risk of cross-contamination boosts the growth of this market. However, high issues associated with leachable and extractable bioprocess containers, implementation of stringent regulatory policies toward manufacturing practice of bioprocess containers and high cost of instruments pose a major obstacle for the growth of the market. On the contrary, launch of new drugs in the market is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities during the forecast period.
The bioprocess containers market has been segmented based on type, application, end user, and region. Depending on type, the market is divided into 2D bioprocess containers, 3D bioprocess containers, tank liners, and other. By application, it is categorized into process development, upstream and downstream. The upstream segment is further classified into mixing, cell culture, fermentation, and harvest/collection. Similarly, downstream segment is sub segmented into purification, bulk drug storage & transport and fill-finish). As per end user, the market is classified into biopharmaceuticals companies, pharmaceutical companies, and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, Spain, Italy, UK, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players operating in the global bioprocess containers market include General Electric Company, Merck KGaA, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sartorius AG, Danaher Corporation, Lonza, Fenner Group Holdings Limited, Rim Bio Inc., Fluid Controls Pvt. Ltd., and Meissner Filtration Products, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current bioprocess containers market trends and future estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global Bioprocess containers market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook and key market strategies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- 2D Bioprocess Containers
- 3D Bioprocess Containers
- Tank Liners
- Other Containers & Accessories
- Process Development
By End User
- Life Science R&D Companies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA