Bioreactors are large vessels used in the industries that provide optimum conditions for the growth of microorganisms to carry out biochemical process. Bioreactors are used to speed up the biochemical process such as fermentation and antibiotic drug production, where bacteria or yeast are added as inoculum to carry out the reaction. There are different types of bioreactors and continuous stirred tank bioreactors, bubble column bioreactors, airlift bioreactors, fluidized bed bioreactors, packed bed bioreactors, and photo-bioreactors.
Increase in shift to single use technology and increase in incidences of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and cancer that rises the demand of medicine production drives the market. In addition, growth in popularity of single-use bioreactor among biopharmaceutical companies and increase in biologics boosts the market growth. However, low capacity of single use bioreactor and concerns regarding extractable restraint the market growth.
The report segments the market on the basis of product, application, scale, material, control type, end user, and geography. Based on material, it is bifurcated into glass and stainless steel. Based on application, it is classified into lab-scale production, pilot-scale production and full-scale production. Based on scale, the market is divided into 5L-20L, 20L-200L, 200L-1,500L, and above 1,500L. Based on control type, the market is categorized into manual and automated. Based on end user, it is segmented into biopharmaceutical manufacturers, life science R&D companies & academic research institutes, and contract research organizations & manufacturers. By geography, the global bioreactor market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in this market are Finesse Solutions, Inc., Applikon Biotechnology B.V., PBS Biotech, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Sartorius AG, Eppendorf AG, ZETA Holding GmbH, GE Healthcare, Solaris Biotechnology srl, Pierre Guerin Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, and Merck KGaA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global bioreactor market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type assists to understand the various forms of bioreactors available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Bioreactors Market Key Segmentation:
- Stainless steel
- Lab-Scale Production
- Pilot-Scale Production
- Full-Scale Production
- Above 1,500L
By Control Type
- Manual Control
- Automated Control
By End User
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Life Science R&D Companies & Academic Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations & Manufacturers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of LAMEA