Bioresorbable polymers is a groundbreaking technological materials that can be broken down by the body and dont require mechanical removal, such as sutures or the chlorhexidine chip. Bioresorbable materials have applications in a wide range of medical indications, such as sutures, coronary & peripheral vascular scaffolds, tissue fixation screws, bone pins & anchors, drug delivery coatings as well as microspheres and surgical meshes & matrices. The materials in this category include polymers, metals, ceramics, glasses and materials of biological origin such as natural collagen, which may allow for drug elution and delivery as well as performing a mechanical function.
This market is currently in its developing stage as bioresorbable sutures have been available for over 40 years. Recent innovations have expanded the market to involve cardiovascular, orthopaedic and general surgery. The global bioresorbable market is expected to register substantial growth in future, attributed to growing demand from major applications such as orthopedics and drug delivery. Other factors that drive the bioresorbable market are patient-friendliness, growing demand for drugs & medicines, increasing surgeries, and growing awareness among people. However, factors such as technological sophistication resulting in high cost are likely to restrain the growth of the market.
The report segments the bioresorbable market on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into agro-polymers, proteins, polysaccharides, bio-polyesters, polylactic acid, polyglycolic acid and polycaprolactone. According to the application, the market is classified into orthopedics, drug delivery and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Recently, in July, 2016, the U.S. FDA approved the use of an absorbable heart stent, made up of bioresorbable material called Absorb, which is already being sold in Europe and Asia. Bioresorbable materials have also find emerging applications, such as, in the field of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) or coronary angioplasty.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Corbion, Poly-Med, Inc., Foster Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, KLS Martin, is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the bioresorbable (Resorbable) polymers market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2014 to 2022 in terms of revenue and volume.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global bioresorbable (Resorbable) polymers market by type helps in understanding the types of polymers that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions are provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies
- Key market players within the bioresorbable (Resorbable) polymers market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of the market.
BIORESORBABLE (RESORBABLE) POLYMERS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Polylactic acid
- Polyglycolic acid
- Drug Delivery
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA