Bioseparations utilize scientific principles and engineering fundamentals to purify biological products on a large-scale by using biological agents such as plants, enzymes, and biological membranes. Biological products can be separated and purified through a bioseparation process depending upon the following characteristics: density, diffusivity, electrostatic charge, polarity, shape, size, solubility, and volatility. Various forms of bio separation systems are used to separate biological materials such as biochemicals, biopharmaceuticals, and diagnostic reagents from solutions, with the most commonly-used ones, which include membrane/filters, chromatography, and centrifuges.
The major driver that fuels the development of bio separation system market is the growth in demand for biopharmaceuticals sector as these need bio-separators to manufacture bio pharmaceuticals. In addition, the development of novel vaccines & mAbs & technological advancements in equipment along with the growth of biosimilars products, increase in demand of single use products fuels the market growth. However, availability of substitutes such as magnetic separation as an alternative to chromatography and high capital cost for bioseparations hamper the growth.
The global bioseparation systems market is segmented based on bioseparation technology, applications, and regions. Based on bioseparation technology, it is categorized into chromatography technique, membrane-based bio separation, centrifugation technology, cell disruption technology, precipitation, extraction technique, and filtration technologies. Based on application, it is subdivided into pharmaceuticals & biopharmaceutical companies, life science companies, and others. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players of the global bioseparation system market are GE Healthcare Life Sciences, Merck Millipore, Pall Corporation, Sartorius AG, 3M Company, Agilent Technologies, Waters Corporation, US Filter Control Systems, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Dow Chemical Company, Hitachi Koki Co LTD, Life Technologies, NOVASEP, ProMetic Life Sciences Inc., Spectrum Laboratories, Inc., and NuSep Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Bioseparation Systems Market Key Segments:
- Chromatography Technique
- Membrane-Based Bio separation
- Centrifugation Technology
- Cell Disruption Technology
- Extraction Technique
- Filtration Technologies
- Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Life science Companies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA