A biosimilar is a biological product that is almost an identical copy of the original product manufactured by a different company. They are the accepted version of an original product that can be used when the original products patent expires.
Factors such as increase in demand for biosimilar products, patent expiration of original drugs, and increase R&D investments on biosimilar testing and development services drive the market growth. However, shortage of skilled professionals and expensive development procedure of biosimilar drugs restrain the market growth. Moreover, comparatively lower cost of biosimilar than original drugs and untapped market opportunities in emerging nations such as China, Brazil, and India is expected to fuel the market growth.
The global biosimilar testing and development services market is segmented on the basis of clinical assays, comparability testing, and region. On the basis of clinical assays, it is divided into PK assay, tiered immunogenicity testing, and NAb assays. On the basis of comparability testing, it is classified into effector binding, ELISA, kinetic binding assays, and ADCC & CDC cell-based assays. Effector binding are further sub-segmented into FcRI (CD64), FcRII (CD32a), FcRIII (CD16a), and FcRn. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players in the market include Eurofins Scientific, SGS S.A., Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, Exova Group plc, Source BioScience plc, Intertek Group plc, Medistri SA, Pace Analytical Services Inc., and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which explains the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
Global Biosimilar Testing And Development Services Market Key Segments:
By Clinical Assays
- PK assay
- Tiered Immunogenicity testing
- NAb assays
By Comparability Testing
- Effector Binding
- FcRI (CD64)
- FcRII (CD32a)
- FcRIII (CD16a)
- Kinetic Binding Assays
- ADCC & CDC Cell-Based Assays
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA